Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Basic 3-2-1 Pie Dough recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Basic 3-2-1 Pie Dough recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Will Save You Dollars.
Remember when the only men and women who cared about the natural environment were tree huggers along with hippies? Those days are over, and it appears we all realize our role in stopping and possibly reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the specialists, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some adjustments. These types of modifications need to start happening, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Here are a number of tips that can help you save energy, primarily by making your kitchen area more green.
A lot of electrical power is wasted when fridges and freezers, both heavy users of electricity anyway, are not working efficiently. You can save up to 60% on energy once you get a new one, in comparison with those from longer than ten years ago. Keeping the temperature of the fridge at 37F, coupled with 0F for the freezer, will save on electricity, while keeping food at the correct temperature. Checking that the condenser is definitely clean, which means that the motor needs to operate less often, will also save electricity.
As you can see, there are many little items that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. Eco-friendly living is not really that hard. It’s about being sensible, usually.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to basic 3-2-1 pie dough recipe. You can cook basic 3-2-1 pie dough using 5 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Basic 3-2-1 Pie Dough:
- Prepare 300 g of all-purpose/plain flour.
- Prepare 200 g of butter.
- Take 100 g (100 ml) of ice water.
- Take 2 pinches of salt (if using unsalted butter).
- Take 10 g (2 tsp) of sugar – optional for a hint of sweetness.
Instructions to make Basic 3-2-1 Pie Dough:
- Add flour to a large bowl. If using unsalted butter, mix in a few pinches of salt..
- Cut chilled butter into small cubes and add to flour. Crumble it into the flour with your fingers until the butter turns to pea-sized pieces and dough is sandy..
- Mix in the sugar if using. Then gradually mix in the ice water until the dough start to come together..
- On a floured surface knead dough briefly until it forms a smooth ball..
- Wrap each ball and refrigerate for at least 1 or 2 hours. You can also make ahead and keep in the fridge up to 1 week before using..
- Roll out when ready to get baking! On a well floured surface, unwrap one ball of dough, sprinkle with some flour and start rolling out with your rolling pin..
- Divide into two equal pies if you made the full recipe..
- Roll out a little, lift and turn it a quarter turn and roll out more. Repeat several times until it's rolled out into a 30-32 cm (12-13 in) circle..
- Trim the rough edges with a knife so it's a pretty 30 cm/12 in circle (or smaller for smaller pie/tart pan). I used a big bowl as a stencil to cut out..
- Here it is after cutting..
- Gently lay the trimmed crust into your pie dish and fold over the excess edges. You can make a crimping pattern or use a fork pattern the edges..
- If you don't need to blind bake, go ahead and add your filling and stick it in the oven!.
- To blind bake for very wet fillings, lay a piece of aluminum foil over the pie crust and fill it with pie weights or dry beans. Bake at 425 F/210 C for 10 minutes or until slightly golden..
If you find this Basic 3-2-1 Pie Dough recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.