Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Your State Of Health Can Be Impacted By The Foods You Choose To Eat.
With regards to the foods that you eat, you will see that your overall health can be effected either positively or negatively. Something that you shouldn’t eat no matter what is the varied foods that you will acquire at all of those take out places. The foods that you get from these fast food places are foods that are extremely unhealthy, loaded with fat and generally have little to no nourishment. In this article we’re going to be going over foods that you need to be eating that can help you remain healthy and balanced.
One of the primary sorts of foods you should be eating plenty of, is various berries. The initial thing you will discover about berries is just about any type of berry has a lot of vitamin C. Almost all berries also have an awful lot of anti-oxidants, which is really beneficial to your overall health and is particularly good for your circulatory system. Another thing you will notice that these antioxidants can help you with will be keeping your cells healthy, this can help your system to fight off many different diseases.
Following a few of the suggestions above you will notice that you will end up living a healthier life. The pre packaged processed foods that you can find in any store is additionally not good for you and instead you should be cooking fresh nourishing foods.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli cheddar soup recipe. You can have broccoli cheddar soup using 13 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Broccoli Cheddar Soup:
- You need 1 of large onion, roughly chopped.
- Take 3 cloves of garlic,minced.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, diced to the size of your liking.
- Use 4 tbsp of butter.
- Use 1/4 cup of flour.
- Provide 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 2 cups of half and half.
- Take 3-4 cups of chicken stock*.
- Provide 6-7 heads of broccoli crowns.
- Prepare 3-4 cups of sharp cheddar cheese.
- Get of salt.
- You need of pepper.
- Provide 4 oz of cream cheese.
Instructions to make Broccoli Cheddar Soup:
- Melt butter in a large, heavy duty saucepan..
- Sauté onion and carrot on medium heat for 5-8 minutes. Sweating them down. Add minced garlic..
- Add flour. Stir flour into veggies. Turn heat down if browning too fast. You want to be able to cook the flour for about 5minutes..
- Add half and half..
- Add chicken stock. *If you like your soup thin, add all 4 cups. If you like a thicker soup,just add 3 cups..
- Add bay leaf..
- This is where I add my salt and pepper. I start out with 1tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. You can adjust to your preference..
- Bring soup up to a gentle boil, medium-high heat..let simmer for 10 minutes..
- At this point, I use my immersion blender. I've got kids that would die if they knew onions were in this. This way, you dont sacrifice flavor over the tastes of picky eaters..
- I threw about 1/2 tsp salt in and dumped my broccoli in. My broccoli was mostly florets,but I also left a head, with more stalks…for texture. Completely up to you…
- I lightly simmered, for 20 minutes. Or until your broccoli is tender..
- Remove bay leaf..
- Once you have tender broccoli, remove a couple cups of broccoli to a bowl. I used the immersion blender again, in the soup..
- Return the chunks of broccoli to the soup..
- Add cream cheese and cheddar cheese..
- Stir all that yummy cheese until it melts into the soup. 😆.
- Ladle up and enjoy!! I served this in bread bowls. Delicious!.
Stir in broccoli, carrots, and celery. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Add milk and bring to a simmer, then stir in cheddar. Healthy broccoli cheddar soup packed with carrots, broccoli, garlic, and cheese. Creamy comfort in a bowl with tender broccoli, Cheddar cheese, and SO MUCH FLAVOUR!
If you find this Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.