Recipe of Homemade Sweet Potato Cottage Pie!
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Sweet Potato Cottage Pie! recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Sweet Potato Cottage Pie! recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet Potato Cottage Pie! recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be sensible and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle demands. When our work day is complete, most people do not wish to go to the gym. We want a yummy, greasy burger, not an equally scrumptious salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You should be thankful to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super difficult. With training you can get all of the nutrients and the exercise that you need. Here are some ideas to be as healthy as possible.
Go up the stairs. Rather than riding an elevator, climb up the stairs to the floor you live or work on. While this will be tough to do if you live on or if your job is on a seriously high level floor in a skyscraper, taking the stairs to a home or office on, say, the fifth floor is totally do-able. If you do work on a very high floor, why not get off the elevator a couple of floors early and walk the rest of the way? So many people pick the elevator over clambering even a single flight of stairs. Even if you only have just one flight to climb, climbing along it during the day is a great way to get extra exercise.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get healthy and balanced. Not all of them demand fancy gym memberships or restrained diets. It is the little things you choose day after day that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Being clever when you choose your food and activities is where it begins. A good amount of physical activity each day is also important. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indication of your health levels. You need to help to make your body as strong as possible.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet potato cottage pie! recipe. To make sweet potato cottage pie! you need 23 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet Potato Cottage Pie!:
- You need of Mince.
- Take of large onion, chopped.
- Get of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Take of red wine.
- Get of garlic, chopped.
- Take of mixed dried herbs.
- Provide of chopped tomatoes.
- Use of medium carrots, sliced.
- Prepare of smoked bacon, chopped.
- Prepare of worcestershire sauce.
- You need of Salt.
- Get of Freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare of tomato purée.
- Provide of mince beef.
- Get of Mash.
- Provide of dijon mustard.
- Take of butter.
- Use of full fat milk.
- Get of sweet potatoes, peeled and diced.
- Take of Water, to boil potatoes.
- Get of salt.
- Use of Fresh ground black pepper.
- Provide of Grated cheddar cheese.
Instructions to make Sweet Potato Cottage Pie!:
- Add 2 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan and heat the oil over a medium heat. Then add the bacon, fry for 2-3 minutes until bacon is cooked. Remove the bacon and set aside..
- Add the onion, garlic and carrot to the pan to the oil, cook over a medium heat until the vegetables become soft..
- Next add the mince and cook until brown..
- Add the tin tomatoes, purée, wine, mixed herbs, the cooked bacon, the Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with lid and simmer for 30-40 minutes..
- In the meantime, boil the potatoes in salted water until they are soft. About 15 minutes..
- Drain the potatoes well and then mash. Add the mustard, milk and butter. Season with pepper and if needed more salt. (You may add another tbsp of mustard, if you prefer the taste a little stronger)..
- When ready, spoon the mince mixture into a casserole dish. Top with the mash and sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese..
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 c / Gas mark 5..
- Bake the pie for 30-35 minutes or until the mash has become golden brown..
- Let it rest for 15 minutes prior to serving..
If you find this Sweet Potato Cottage Pie! recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.