Steps to Make Ultimate Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Suggestions For Living Green And Saving Money Within the Kitchen.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the environment. That’s a thing of the past now, with everyone being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared obligation we have for turning things around. According to the industry experts, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some improvements. Each and every family should start generating changes that are environmentally friendly and they must do this soon. Here are some tips that can help you save energy, for the most part by making your kitchen more green.
You may well prefer cooking with your oven, but using a microwave instead will cost you a lot less money. When you find out it takes 75% more energy to cook in the oven, you may look for more ways to use the microwave. When it comes to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save a lot of electricity and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. You might think that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, however that is not true. You get the maximum energy savings by totally loading the dishwasher just before commencing a wash cycle. Preserve even more money by air drying as well as cool drying your dishes as an alternative to heat drying them.
As you can see, there are plenty of little elements that you can do to save energy, as well as save money, in the kitchen alone. Environmentally friendly living just isn’t that tough. It’s related to being practical, most of the time.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet potato shepherd's pie recipe. To cook sweet potato shepherd's pie you need 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie:
- You need of Potato Topping.
- Get 1 of Peeled Russet Potato.
- Use 1 of Peeled Sweet Potato.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Salted Butter.
- Provide 2 tbsp of Sour Cream.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 dash of Ground Black Pepper.
- Use 2 pinch of Dried Tarragon.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of Smoked Paprika.
- Get of Filling.
- Get 4 large of Celery Stocks.
- Prepare 3 large of Basil Leaves.
- Use 5 large of Pineapple Sage Leaves.
- Get 10 oz of 80/20 Ground Beef.
- Use 1 tbsp of Salted Butter.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 2 dash of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Crushed Red Pepper.
Instructions to make Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie:
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Slice russet and sweet potatoes into 1-inch chunks. Add to a saucepan and fill with water until covered. Simmer over medium-high heat for roughly 20 minutes, or until potatoes are soft enough for mashing..
- Meanwhile, for the filling, slice celery stalks lengthwise in half, then chop into 1/2-inch pieces..
- Chiffonade pineapple sage and basil leaves into thin ribbons. NOTE: If you can't find pineapple sage, use regular sage leaves and add some orange zest. It should be close..
- Add a tablespoon of butter to a medium skillet and melt over medium-low heat. Add celery, pineapple sage, basil, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and a dash of black pepper. Saute on medium-low for 10 minutes, or until celery had just lost its crispness..
- Set aside cooked celery in a medium-sized bowl. To the same skillet celery was cooked in, add ground beef, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, a dash of black pepper, and the crushed red pepper. Increase heat to medium and cook 7 minutes or until cooked through..
- While the beef is cooking, strain the cooked potatoes and return to saucepan. With a mixer or by hand, mash the potatoes with the butter, sour cream, salt, pepper, tarragon, and smoked paprika..
- Transfer cooked beef to bowl with celery and mix together. Pour the mixture into the bottom of a small baking dish. Then, spread the mashed potatoes on top to cover completely..
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes..
If you find this Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.