Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Sig's Fine German Christmas Stollen with Marzipan recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Sig's Fine German Christmas Stollen with Marzipan recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sig's Fine German Christmas Stollen with Marzipan recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be balanced and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The unfortunate thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the end of the day, the majority of us want to go home, not to the gym. People crave junk food, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You will be pleased to discover that getting healthy doesn’t have to be hard. With practice you can get all of the nutrients and the physical exercise that you need. Here are some simple ways to get healthful.
Choose water over other products. Having a soda or cup of coffee once in awhile won’t hurt you too badly. Using them for your only source of hydration, however, is dumb. Drinking water instead of other types of drinks is a good way to help your body in its health and hydration. Doing this helps you cut hundreds of calories out of your diet without your having to suffer through a bunch of gross diet food. Water is often the key to successful weight loss and healthfulness.
There are many things you can go after to become healthy. Not all of them necessitate fancy gym memberships or restrained diets. You can do little things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being intelligent about the decisions you make each day is a start. A suitable amount of physical activity each day is also necessary. Remember: being healthful isn’t just about reducing your weight. You need to help to make your body as strong as possible.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sig's fine german christmas stollen with marzipan recipe. To cook sig's fine german christmas stollen with marzipan you need 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Sig's Fine German Christmas Stollen with Marzipan:
- Provide 75 grams of mixed raisins and sultanas.
- Use 50 ml of liqueur, I use cherry brandy but any fruit liqueur will do..
- Take 30 grams of finely chopped hazelnuts.
- Get 30 grams of ground almonds.
- Get 250 grams of all-purpose flour (plain) flour.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder (not baking soda).
- Prepare 50 grams of candid orange or mixed peel.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of candied cherries finely chopped , optional.
- Prepare 75 grams of soft butter.
- Use 75 grams of caster ( superfine ) sugar.
- Get 2 small of or 1 large egg.
- Use 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Orange blossom or orange extract.
- Take 1/4 tsp of rum aroma (flavouring).
- Take 135 grams of best German quark if you can get it , if not any quark will do but let it drain well in any case. If you can't get quark use mascarpone or any similar soft cheese.
- Prepare 50 grams of or more marzipan, I use brandy marzipan ,but any will do , optional.
- Get 2 tbsp of butter, melted for brushing.
- You need 50 grams of icing sugar for dusting.
Steps to make Sig's Fine German Christmas Stollen with Marzipan:
- Soak your raisins and sultanas in your chosen liqueur, set aside, for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a smallish bowl mix your flour and baking powder well. Add the chopped hazelnuts and the ground almond..
- Add the orange peel, cherries( if using ) and soaked sultanas and raisins without the soaking liqueur, set the liquid aside .Stir the flour/fruit and nut mixture thoroughly..
- In a larger bowl whisk the softened butter with the sugar, add the eggs whisk until light and creamy.
- Add the flavourings, vanilla,orange blossom and rum aroma. Then add the quark. Stir thoroughly..
- Add the flour/fruit and nut mixture to the butter/egg mixture a spoon at a time. Until almost all gone, pour in half of the soaking liquid, then add the remainder of the flour mixture ensuring it gets well combined..
- If it is to wet add a little extra flour.Flour a table or cake board and flatten the dough into a oval shape this dough is not pliable it is more loose but you can still get hold of it in one go ..
- If you are using the marzipan, roll it about little finger width size into a sausage shape that is almost as long as the oval shape and lay it onto the dough about two thirds up . Now roll the smaller top over the marzipan and fold onto the Lower part. Make sure the marzipan is folded in well or it may run .The loaf should be a little thicker at one end as it is meant to resemble a sleeping baby. Slightly curve the loaf . Carefully move onto your flat baking tray..
- Cover lightly with baking or parchment paper or use a thin silicone liner put into oven and bake for about 45 minutes..
- Immediately after the Stollen comes out of the oven brush it with the 2 tablespoons of butter all over and leave to cool. When cooled down dust with icing sugar ..
- This can be made up to about 6 -8 weeks ahead to achieve a so called ripening, if you do , wrap the Stollen securely into tinfoil and keep in a very cold room or space, we put it in the garage , but not the fridge, because of moist and odour from other food items.
- This Stollen is good to eat from day one of you like.
If you find this Sig's Fine German Christmas Stollen with Marzipan recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.