Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Vegetarian Thai green curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetarian Thai green curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who suffer from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Even though we’re always being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most likely, a lot of people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by implementing a few small changes.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you go to the grocery because it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? A good healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been proven to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
All in all, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetarian thai green curry recipe. To cook vegetarian thai green curry you only need 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Vegetarian Thai green curry:
- You need 1-2 tbsp of green curry paste.
- Prepare 400 ml of tin coconut milk.
- You need 3-4 of kaffir lime leaves (tear in half and take the middle wooden bit off).
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of Thai fish sauce or soy sauce (vegan).
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of palm sugar (brown sugar).
- Use 1-2 handful of basil leaves.
- Provide 1 tin of bamboo shoots.
- Use 1 of aubergine (chopped into bite size).
- Prepare 1-2 of big red chilli (thinly slices).
- Get 1 block of tofu (optional).
- Use of Seasonal vegetables of your choice – it can be brussel sprouts, sweetheart cabbage, green beans, carrots. All chopped into bite size.
- Prepare of To serve – Thai jasmine rice or with rice noodles.
Instructions to make Vegetarian Thai green curry:
- Heat a couple tbsps of coconut milk in a saucepan over a meduim-high heat until coconut milk starts to bubbly. Add the green curry paste and stir fry for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant..
- Add another 2-3 tbsp of coconut milk, fish sauce (or soy sauce) and sugar and stir well then reduce the heat until the mixture is simmering. Add your vegetables start with hard vegetable first ie. carrots, cabbage, brussel sprouts, green bean and bamboo shoots..
- Add some more coconut milk and continue to simmer for 8-10 minutes until you see gorgeous green oil separated from the coconut milk a little bit..
- Add the rest of the coconut milk in. I normally add some water about half of tin coconut into the saucepan too. Taste your sauce, it should be salty, sweet, nutty and spicy..
- Stir occasionally then add some basil leaves at the last minute and stir well..
- To serve, spoon your jasmine rice into four serving bowls, then ladle over the vegetarian Thai green curry..
If you find this Vegetarian Thai green curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.