Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Use Food to Elevate Your Mood.
A lot of us have been conditioned to think that comfort foods are not good and should be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is essentially candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be completely nourishing and it’s good for you to eat them. Several foods honestly do elevate your mood when you consume them. If you feel a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try several of these.
Eggs, believe it or not, are fantastic for helping you fight depression. Just make sure that you don’t throw away the yolk. The egg yolk is the most essential part of the egg in terms of helping raise your mood. Eggs, specifically the yolks, are rich in B vitamins. B vitamins can really help you improve your mood. This is because they help your neural transmitters–the parts of your brain that affect your mood–function better. Eat an egg and feel better!
Now you realize that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you want to help your moods get better. Go with these suggestions instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack) recipe. To cook crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack) you need 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack):
- Get of easy winter warmers.
- Use 1 of ham shank.
- Prepare 500 grams of marrowfat dried peas.
- Use 7 of medium sized potatoes.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Take 1 1/2 pints of cold water.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder or bicarbonate of soda.
Instructions to make Crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack):
- Soak the ham shank in a pan of water overnight to dissolve any salt.
- Soak the dried peas in a bowl /pan/container over night with the baking powder/bicarbonate of soda.
- Boil the potatoes for 10-15 mins, once the water is bubbling.
- Drain the peas. Put in a colander and wash the water off (no need to dry) you will notice that the pess should have swollen to twice their size.
- Add the peas, ham shank, potatoes, salt and the cold water in to the crock pot/ slow cooker..
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Enjoy, this should stick to your ribs.
Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup with ham, or without, is a hearty, delicious soup that is pure comfort food! This BEST Pea Soup recipe is made with a ham bone and is easy to make on the Stove Top, Instant Pot, or Crock Pot! It's super thick and full of flavor! Crock Pot Split Pea Soup Recipe. Drain peas and place them in the crockpot.
If you find this Crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.