Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Thai Prawns/Shrimp Red Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Prawns/Shrimp Red Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who suffer from conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make some simple changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
These more nutritious food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also good for your skin. It may be that you already think that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemical substances. Searching for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of consuming foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
To sum up, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to thai prawns/shrimp red curry recipe. You can have thai prawns/shrimp red curry using 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Thai Prawns/Shrimp Red Curry:
- Take 250 grams of prawns or shrimp.
- Provide 1 cup of water / coconut water.
- Prepare 1 cup of thick coconut milk.
- Get 2 of medium onions fine paste.
- Prepare 1 of small onion small onion cut in four pieces and get petals.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Ginger Garlic Paste.
- Provide 1/2 tbsp of crushed peanuts.
- Provide 2-3 of bird eye red chillies slit diagonally.
- Get for of Thai Red Curry Paste or Massaman curry paste.
- Prepare 10-15 of Lemon grass stems.
- Provide 10-15 of dried red Kashmiri chillies soaked in warm water.
- Use 50 grams of thick Galangal.
- You need 4 inch of ginger.
- You need 10-15 of garlic cloves.
- Get 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Take 4 of shallots.
- You need 1 tsp of cardamom seeds.
- You need as taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of groundnut oil.
- Take 1 tsp of Palm sugar (optional).
Steps to make Thai Prawns/Shrimp Red Curry:
- The first step is to make curry paste which can preserved and refrigerated, I am not adding time of making this amazing aromatic and flavourful paste. Fry shallots pieces in oil for two minutes, and garlic, galangal, ginger, salt, cardamoms seeds, fry for 5 minutes, add soaked chillies and fish sauces. Cook it for 1 minutes and then make a fine paste. This paste can be used to make red curry 3 times..
- Wash prawns, devein and clean. Add pinch of salt and 1/2 lemon juice. Keep aside for a while..
- Make fine paste of 2 middle size onions, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste, bird eye chilli, 1/2 lemon, 1/2 cup of red curry paste.
- In a wok or Kadhai, add 3 spoons of cooking oil (use olive, coconut or ground nut) fry chopped garlic and then fry onion paste, add ginger garlic paste, fry for 6-7 minutes.
- Now add red curry paste (if paste is thick or dry use some water to make it paste like) fry for 5 minutes till you can see oil starts to separate.
- Now add onion shallots or onion petals, two whole Kashmiri chillis (optional to make It more spicy) sauté for a minute and then add Prawns.
- You can crushed peanuts now over prawns.
- Add coconut water or normal water as per availability, of course coconut water will give you best results..
- Then add chopped bird eye chillies, and then cook for 2 monies so that prawns are well cooked, don’t over cook them..
- Once water is 20% reduced and you can see prawns.. turn off the flame and add coconut milk and mix it well, add salt to taste..
- Add 1/2 lemon juice in curry.
- Serve with hot sticky rice or over cooked basmati rice. You can also use Thai Jasmin rice..
If you find this Thai Prawns/Shrimp Red Curry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.