Recipe of Ultimate Hot German Potato Salad
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Hot German Potato Salad recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hot German Potato Salad recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen area Will Save You Dollars.
Until fairly recently any person who indicated concern about the wreckage of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. The experts are agreed that we cannot change things for the better without everyone’s active participation. This should happen soon and living in approaches more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. Read on for some ways to go green and save energy, generally in the kitchen.
Start out with exchanging the bulbs. Complete this for the entire house, not only the kitchen. You need to replace your incandescent lights along with energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. Although costing a little more initially, these types of bulbs last as long as ten of the standard type as well as using a lot less energy. Changing the light bulbs would certainly keep a lot of bulbs out of the landfills, and that’s good. You also have to acquire the habit of turning off the lights when there is nobody in a room. The family spends a lot of time in the kitchen area, and how frequently does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. This likewise occurs in the rest of the house, but we’re trying to save money in the kitchen. Try keeping the lights off unless you absolutely need them, and notice exactly how much electricity you can save.
As you can see, there are lots of little things that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. Environmentally friendly living is not really that hard. Mostly, all it will take is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to hot german potato salad recipe. To make hot german potato salad you need 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Hot German Potato Salad:
- Use 12 of medium red potatoes (about 3lbs).
- You need 8 of bacon strips…real bacon.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of minced onions or use chopped onions.
- Get 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar.
- Get 1/3 cup of vinegar.
- You need 2/3 cup of water divided.
- Provide 2 teaspoons of dried parsley flakes.
- Get 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Use 4 1/2 teaspoons of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of Small amount of butter and oil.
Instructions to make Hot German Potato Salad:
- In a skillet cook bacon until crisp drain reserving 2 tablespoons of drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside..
- Saute onions in drippings until tender. Stirr in brown sugar, vinegar, half a cup of water, parsley and salt. Simmer uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes..
- Meanwhile combine flour and remaining water until smooth and stir into onion mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes until thickened..
- Pour over potatoes. Add bacon gently stir to coat. Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yields 8 to 10 servings..
- In a saucepan boil potatoes until just tender drain. Peel and slice into an ungreased 2 quart baking dish set aside..
If you find this Hot German Potato Salad recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.