Easiest Way to Prepare Homemade Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Techniques To Live Green And also Save Money In The Kitchen.
Remember when the only individuals who cared about the ecosystem were tree huggers as well as hippies? Those days are over, and it seems we all comprehend our role in stopping and possibly reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the experts, to clean up the environment we are all going to have to make some improvements. These types of adjustments need to start happening, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Read on for some ways to go green and save energy, largely in the kitchen.
Maybe the food is not quite as good when cooked in the microwave, but it will save you money to use it over your oven. When you find out it will take 75% more energy to cook in the oven, you may look for more ways to use the microwave. Countertop appliances will boil water or steam vegetables more quickly than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. You might think that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, nonetheless that is not true. Particularly if you make sure the dishwasher is full before starting a cycle. By cool drying or perhaps air drying the dishes instead of heat drying them, you can add to the amount of money you save.
The kitchen alone offers you many small methods by which energy and money can be saved. Efficient living is actually something we can all perform, without difficulty. Typically, all it will take is a little common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to country style bean soup with ribbles recipe. To cook country style bean soup with ribbles you need 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles:
- Prepare of Soup.
- You need 16 oz of Dry Great Northern Beans.
- Take 32 oz of Chicken Broth.
- Take 64 oz of Water.
- You need 1 lb of Pre Cooked Ham.
- Take 1 medium of Bay Leaf.
- Provide 1 medium of Onion.
- Use 3 medium of Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Salt.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- Provide of Ribbles.
- Use 1 cup of Flour.
- Get 1/4 cup of Butter or Shortening.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Water.
Steps to make Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles:
- Prepare beans according to package..
- In a 5 quart or more soup pot, add beans, chicken broth, water and heat on med high..
- Chop ham and onions to desired size and had to beans and broth..
- Add salt and pepper and reduce heat to low med and let cook for approximately 1 hour. Until beans are tender but not mushy..
- For the ribbles, combine the flour and salt. Cut in butter until a sand consistency has occured. Add water a tablespoon at a time and stir until the dough pulls from the bowl..
- Peel and cube potatoes..
- Pinch off pea sized pieces of dough and roll to smooth. Drop pieces of dough into soup. Add as much or has little as you like. I usually use about 3/4ths of the dough..
- Add cubed potatoes to the soup and cook on med high until tender. Approximately 8 to 10 minutes..
- Makes about 5 quarts..
If you find this Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.