Recipe of Award-winning Potato and Leek Soup
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Potato and Leek Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Potato and Leek Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato and Leek Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Power Goodies.
Eating healthy foods makes all the difference in the way you feel. Increasing our consumption of sensible foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy ones plays a part in a more wholesome feeling. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a slice of pizza. Sometimes it’s tough to find healthier foods for something to eat between meals. Finding snack foods that help us feel better and increase our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack food.
Certain foods made from whole grains are fantastic for a easy snack. A slice of whole wheat toast, for example is a great snack in the early morning. When you require a fast snack food on your way out the door, do not forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Whole grains are usually better than highly processed grains present in white bread.
You will not have to look far to discover a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Choosing to live a healthy life style can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to potato and leek soup recipe. You can cook potato and leek soup using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Potato and Leek Soup:
- You need 6 of medium potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 2 of leeks cleaned and chopped, white and light green part.
- Get 1 (14.5 oz) of can chicken broth.
- You need 1 Tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream.
Steps to make Potato and Leek Soup:
- In 3 qt sauce pan simmer potatoes in chicken broth until very tender.
- In a skillet melt butter and sauté leeks until tender, do not brown.
- When potatoes are tender, mash in broth, add leeks and cream.
- Simmer another 5 to 10 minutes, season with salt and white pepper.
- If you prefer it very smooth, after adding leeks blend a blender in batches before adding cream.
If you find this Potato and Leek Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.