How to Make Speedy Potato and Leek Soup
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Potato and Leek Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato and Leek Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. While we’re incessantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by implementing several modest changes.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. If you currently eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to potato and leek soup recipe. To cook potato and leek soup you need 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Potato and Leek Soup:
- Get of chicken broth.
- Use of smoked bacon.
- Take of chopped savory cabbage.
- Use of medium sized potatoes.
- Use of large carrots.
- Use of leek.
- Get of medium onion.
- Use of pink Himalayan salt.
- Provide of caraway seeds.
- You need of ground black pepper.
- Take of parsley flakes.
- Use of bay leaf.
- You need of sour cream.
Steps to make Potato and Leek Soup:
- Chop the cabbage, peel the carrots, and fry the bacon. Wash and dice the potatoes..
- Cut the the carrots. Dice the onion. Wash the leek very well. Then slice..
- Add the butter and melt in the pot add all but the sour cream to the melted butter. Crumble the bacon and add. Simmer on low till all the vegetables are tender. About an hour covered..
- Take two cups of broth from the soup. Add the sour cream to the broth you took out and whisk till mixed well..
- Pour mixture back into the soup and incorporate well cover and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!!.
If you find this Potato and Leek Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.