Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Pennsylvania Dutch Lard Biscuits with Gravy recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pennsylvania Dutch Lard Biscuits with Gravy recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pennsylvania Dutch Lard Biscuits with Gravy recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Could save you Money.
Remember when the only people who cared about the environment were tree huggers along with hippies? Those days are over, and it looks like we all comprehend our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. The experts are agreed that we are unable to transform things for the better without everyone’s active involvement. Each and every family must start making changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. Here are some tips that can help you save energy, primarily by making your kitchen area more green.
A massive amount of electricity is definitely consumed by freezers and also refrigerators, and it’s even worse if they are working inefficiently. You can save up to 60% on energy once you get a new one, in comparison with those from longer than ten years ago. The appropriate temperature for food is 37F inside the fridge and 0F in the freezer, and sticking to these will use much less electricity. You can cut down how often the motor has to run by routinely cleaning the condenser, which will save on electricity.
As you can see, there are lots of little items that you can do to save energy, as well as save money, in the kitchen alone. Green living is actually something we can all perform, without difficulty. Typically, all it requires is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pennsylvania dutch lard biscuits with gravy recipe. To make pennsylvania dutch lard biscuits with gravy you only need 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Pennsylvania Dutch Lard Biscuits with Gravy:
- Provide of Biscuits.
- Get 2 cups of all purpose flour + 2 tablespoon for dusting.
- Provide 4-1/2 teaspoons of baking powder double acting.
- Provide 3-1/2 tablespoons of lard.
- Take 2/3 teaspoon of salt.
- Take 3/4 cup of milk.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of lard to grease the skillet.
- Prepare of Gravy.
- Take 3/4 pound of bulk sausage I used Tennessee Pride Sausage.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of finely ground black pepper divided.
- Provide 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need To taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 quart of milk I used lactose intolerant milk.
- Take 1 tablespoon of lard the sausage was too lean.
Instructions to make Pennsylvania Dutch Lard Biscuits with Gravy:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Add 2 cups of flour to a bowl and mix in the salt and baking powder. Mix the flour and baking into the flour well. Take the lard and add the lard to the flour mixture..
- Add the milk. Dust the mixture with the 2 tablespoons of flour. Mix and knead the dough just a bit a quick 5 minutes. Add lard to the skillet and heat till just a bit hot to the touch..
- Add sausage to another pan to brown. Form 6 Biscuits and add to the heated skillet. Add the flour to the browned sausage along with half the black pepper. Put the Biscuits into the oven for 12-15 minutes..
- Add milk to the sausage mixture. Take the Biscuits out and set aside. Continue to stir till the gravy is thickened the way you like it..
- Take a couple of Biscuits put on a plate and split in half. Add gravy over the top add the pepper to taste. Serve I hope you enjoy!.
If you find this Pennsylvania Dutch Lard Biscuits with Gravy recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.