Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Black Eyed Peas with Cabbage recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Black Eyed Peas with Cabbage recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Black Eyed Peas with Cabbage recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Enhancing Snacks.
We all know that having healthy foods can help us feel better within our bodies. If we eat more healthy meals and a lesser amount of of the detrimental ones we typically feel much better. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a portion of pizza. Deciding on healthier food choices can be challenging when it’s snack time. Shopping for snacks can be a difficult task because you have countless options. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack food.
Just about the most popular treats is yogurt. Occasionally people elect to eat yogurt over a balanced lunch which is not the greatest idea. Low fat yogurt makes a amazing snack, however. Along with calcium, it really is a good supply of necessary protein and vitamin B. Yogurt is often eaten to help preserve the digestive system because it is so easily digestible by the majority of people. Quick hint: pick unsweetened yogurt and include walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an simple way to reduce sugar while still enjoying a yummy snack.
You can find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthy doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to black eyed peas with cabbage recipe. You can have black eyed peas with cabbage using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Black Eyed Peas with Cabbage:
- Use 1 lb of dried black eyed peas.
- Use 2 cups of frozen or fresh bell peppers and onion.
- Get 16 oz of Chicken stock.
- Take of Water.
- Provide of Cubbed ham.
- Provide Tbsp of salt.
- Get Tbsp of pepper.
- Use Tsp of ground thyme.
- Use Tsp of salt-free Tony Chachere’s.
- Take of Cabbage.
- Provide 1 of red or green cabbage (quartered).
- Provide Tbsp of peppercorns.
- Get of Water.
Steps to make Black Eyed Peas with Cabbage:
- Boil black eyed peas in about twice as much water for 10 minutes and then turn off the burner and cover for 1 hour..
- After allowing peas to rest, add 16oz of low-sodium chicken stock and about one cup of water. Also add bell peppers and onion, all seasonings and simmer for about an hour, or until peas are mostly tender..
- Once peas reach desired tenderness, add cubbed ham, about a cup and a half, and simmer on low heat until ready to serve..
- Start your rice (approx 20 minutes) and cabbage (approx 30 minutes)!!.
- For cabbage, add a cup of water to a pot with a tbsp of peppercorns, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, and canbbage. Simmer on medium-high heat for approximately 30 minutes or until the entire cabbage wedge is tender..
- Serve black eyed peas over rice with a side of cabbage! ENJOY 😊.
If you find this Black Eyed Peas with Cabbage recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.