Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Buttermilk Biscuits (Southern) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Buttermilk Biscuits (Southern) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Buttermilk Biscuits (Southern) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
You already know that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be well balanced and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. When our work day is finished, most people do not want to go to the gym. People crave sweets and salts, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy decisions doesn’t have to be a pain. If you are conscientious you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food you need. Here are some hints to be as healthy as possible.
Make smart choices when shopping for groceries. If you make smart choices when you are shopping for your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. At the end of your day do you really want to deal with packed grocery stores and long waits in the drive through line? You want to get home quickly and eat something good. Fill your pantry shelves with wholesome foods. This makes it simple to have a good meal–even if you want something junky–because you’ll be eating something that is obviously better for you than anything you’d buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are lots of things you can go after to become healthy. Intensive gym visits and directly defined diets are not always the solution. Little things, when done every single day, can do plenty to make it easier to get healthy and lose pounds. Being intelligent about the decisions you make each day is a start. Getting as much physical exercise as possible is another factor. Don’t forget that health isn’t only about how much you weigh. You really want your body to be strong too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to buttermilk biscuits (southern) recipe. To cook buttermilk biscuits (southern) you only need 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Buttermilk Biscuits (Southern):
- You need 3 1/2 cup of WHITELILY self rising flour.
- Use 1 tbsp of white sugar.
- Get 1/2 cup of butter flavor shortening.
- Provide 1 1/2 cup of cold buttermilk.
- Get 1/2 cup of WHITELILY self rising flour for rolling and dusting.
- Provide 1/2 stick of melted butter for brushing.
Instructions to make Buttermilk Biscuits (Southern):
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Using a bowl cut the shortening into the flour and sugar.
- Make a well in the center and add the buttermilk.
- Stir the flour and buttermilk together just until combined (use a spatula this mix is very sticky) scraping sides of bowl as you go.
- Turn dough onto floured surface, dusting more flour on top and begin to spread out dough. Fold four times.
- Roll out dough to one and a 1/4 inch thickness and use a three inch biscuit cutter.
- Use small amount of shortening to grease your pan.
- Arrange biscuits slightly apart from each other (I used the leftover dough to make a special biscuit).
- Bake 10 minutes and take out of oven to brush with melted butter then bake an additional 4 to 5 minutes till golden brown.
- Brush with additional butter right after they come out of the oven they are soooooooo good ENJOY 😍.
If you find this Buttermilk Biscuits (Southern) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.