Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Spicy Eggplant Pasta recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Spicy Eggplant Pasta recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy Eggplant Pasta recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Make Your Mood Better.
For the most part, people have been trained to think that “comfort” foods are terrible for the body and need to be avoided. If your comfort food is candy or junk food this is true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be super nourishing and good for you. There are some foods that basically can boost your moods when you consume them. If you seem to feel a little bit down and you need a happiness pick me up, try a few of these.
Make some trail mix of nuts or seeds. Your mood can be raised by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and so on. This is possible since these foods have a bunch of magnesium which increases serotonin production. Serotonin is the “feel good” natural substance that directs your brain how you feel all the time. The more of this chemical in your brain, the more pleasant you’ll feel. Not only that but nuts, specifically, are a terrific source of protein.
Now you realize that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Try some of these suggestions instead.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy eggplant pasta recipe. To make spicy eggplant pasta you need 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Spicy Eggplant Pasta:
- Use 2 of medium eggplants.
- Take of Salt.
- Use 3 tbs of olive oil, divided.
- Get of Freshly ground black pepper.
- Provide 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 cups of chopped plum tomatoes or one 14 oz can crushed tomatoes.
- You need 1 tbs of fresh oregano or 1/2 tsp dry oregano.
- Get 2 tsp of red pepper flakes, plus extra for finishing.
- Get 1/4 cup of fresh, chopped basil, plus extra for finishing.
- Get 1 lb of linguine pasta.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese to top.
Instructions to make Spicy Eggplant Pasta:
- Cut the eggplants crosswise, into 1 inch thick slices. Lay the slices on a baking sheet, salt them well on both sides, and set aside for half an hour or so.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly coat two tablespoons of olive oil over the eggplant, tossing the slices to coat them. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Arrange them in a single layer on the baking sheet and roast them until they're tender and browning, about 20 minutes..
- While the eggplant roasts, heat remaining tablespoon of the olive oil on low heat in a large saucepan. Add the onions and the minced garlic and sauté them until onions are soft (8 to 10 minutes). Add the tomatoes, oregano, pepper flakes, and basil. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, till the sauce has thickened up, about 10 to 12 minutes. When the eggplant is ready, remove it from the oven, chop it into 1 inch pieces, and add it to the sauce. Continue to simmer gently on very low heat..
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain the pasta and gently fold in the sauce. Top the pasta with additional chopped basil and red pepper flakes to taste. Serve..
If you're ordering eggplant parmigiana at a restaurant it is usually breaded and fried but I really I use my FAVE jarred arrabbiata (spicy marinara basically) sauce made by Rao's and it can be found in. Reviews for: Photos of Eggplant Pomodoro Pasta. Eggplant Pomodoro Pasta. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Spicy Eggplant with Pork. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. The Spicy Eggplant Ragout recipe out of our category Vegetable!
If you find this Spicy Eggplant Pasta recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.