Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Spicy Eggplant Mapo Tofu (un-stir fried Eggplant and Tofu) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Spicy Eggplant Mapo Tofu (un-stir fried Eggplant and Tofu) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy Eggplant Mapo Tofu (un-stir fried Eggplant and Tofu) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Learn How to Improve Your Mood with Food.
Mostly, people have been taught to believe that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and must be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is a sugary food or some other junk food, this is true. At times, comfort foods can be very nutritious and good for us to consume. A number of foods honestly do boost your mood when you consume them. When you are feeling a little down and are needing an emotional boost, try some of these.
Your mood can really be helped by green tea. You just knew green tea had to be mentioned, right? Green tea is found to be packed full of an amino acid known as L-theanine. Research has discovered that this amino acid stimulates the production of brain waves. This helps improve your mental energy while at the same time relaxing the rest of your body. You likely already knew it is not difficult to be healthy when you drink green tea. And now you know it can help you be happier too!
You can see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are bad for you just so to feel better! Try some of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy eggplant mapo tofu (un-stir fried eggplant and tofu) recipe. To cook spicy eggplant mapo tofu (un-stir fried eggplant and tofu) you only need 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Spicy Eggplant Mapo Tofu (un-stir fried Eggplant and Tofu):
- You need 1 of eggplant wash and dry pat then diced into 1-2” cubes.
- Take 1/2 of of silky tofu diced into small cubes.
- Provide of Chopped/sliced green onion.
- Get of Minced garlic (3 cloves garlics).
- Get of Grated fresh ginger (1 tsp).
- Get 1 of dates soaked in 1/4 cup water (you can substitute with sugar).
- Prepare 2 tsp of Gochujang (fermented red pepper paste) you can get it in any Asian store. (Less or more).
- Use of Mushrooms powder.
- Use of Soy sauces.
- Provide 1 tsp of cornstarch (less or more).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper (optional).
- Use of Water.
Steps to make Spicy Eggplant Mapo Tofu (un-stir fried Eggplant and Tofu):
- Using your skillet over medium high heat, roasted the eggplants until turning brown. Set aside..
- Meanwhile microwave the dates in 40 seconds. Smashed it and strained it..
- Still using the skillet add the dates liquid, garlics, ginger, mushrooms powder,gochujang paste, cayenne pepper, and soy sauce. Add more water, mixed well then add the tofu..
- Cover with the lid, and let it boiled..
- When the tofu mixture boiled add the eggplant, mixed well. Put in a simmer until the eggplant is cooked and tender..
- In a small bowl mixed the cornstarch and water. Pouring into the eggplant mixture, stir quickly, taste it and add the green onion. Turn off the heat..
- Then the spicy eggplant mapo tofu is ready to served along with steam rice or brown rice as your choice. Enjoy 😊.
If you find this Spicy Eggplant Mapo Tofu (un-stir fried Eggplant and Tofu) recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.