Recipe of Award-winning Sweet Heat Smoked Chicken Leg Quarters
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Sweet Heat Smoked Chicken Leg Quarters recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Sweet Heat Smoked Chicken Leg Quarters recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet Heat Smoked Chicken Leg Quarters recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Could save you Dollars.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the ecosystem. That has totally changed now, since we all apparently have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. Unless everyone begins to start living much more environmentally friendly we won’t be able to fix the problems of the environment. These types of changes need to start occurring, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Here are some tips that can help you save energy, primarily by making your kitchen area more green.
Start with changing the light bulbs. Obviously you shouldn’t confine this to just the cooking area. Compact fluorescent lightbulbs are generally energy-savers, and you should use them rather than incandescent lights. Although costing a little more in the beginning, these bulbs last as long as ten of the conventional type as well as using a lot less energy. Making use of these kinds of longer-lasting lightbulbs has the benefit that many fewer lightbulbs make it into landfills. You also have to acquire the practice of turning off the lights when there is nobody in a place. The kitchen lights in particular are often left on all day long, just because the family tends to spend a lot of time there. Certainly this also happens in some other rooms, not merely the kitchen. Make a routine of having the lights on only when they are necessary, and you’ll be surprised at the amount of electricity you save.
The kitchen alone gives you many small means by which energy and money can be saved. Eco-friendly living is not really that hard. Mostly, all it will take is a little bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet heat smoked chicken leg quarters recipe. To cook sweet heat smoked chicken leg quarters you need 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Sweet Heat Smoked Chicken Leg Quarters:
- You need 3-4 of chicken leg quarters (depending on size).
- You need of for the brine.
- Take 4 tbs of sea salt.
- Prepare 4 tbs of sriracha.
- Take 2 tbs of honey.
- Use 1 tbs of granulated chicken bullion.
- Provide 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Take 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of hot water.
- Take 2 cups of cold water.
- Prepare of for the sauce.
- You need 2 cups of all natural ketchup.
- Use 1 cup of brown sugar – packed.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 cup of honey.
- Get 2-3 tbs of sriracha (depends on how much spice you like).
- Take 3 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Use 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
Steps to make Sweet Heat Smoked Chicken Leg Quarters:
- Add the first 6 brine ingredients to a gallon size ziploc bag (I like the slide n seal bags). Add the hot water. Seal and shake vigorously to combine ingredients until salt is dissolved..
- Add cold water. Seal and shake again. Add chicken to bag. Squeeze out as much air as possible (careful to not squirted out any luquid). Seal bag and work brine around all chicken leg quarters..
- Lay bag flat in a large, wide bottomed bowl (tgis is in case there are any leaks). Place and refrigerator for at least 24 hrs, or up to 48. Turn at least once while brining..
- When ready to smoke. Working one at a time remove leg quarters from bag. Rinse under cold running water. Place on a large paper towel lined platter. Blot entire surface with paper towels to dry completely. Let sit out to come to room temperature while you prepare your smoker/grill..
- Prepare your smoker or grill for indirect smoking. Place leg quarters on grate, skin side up. Close lid. Smoke at 250°F for 2 hrs or until internal temp reached 165°F..
- While chicken is smoking make your sauce. Add all sauce ingredients to a medium size saucepan over medium heat. Stir until smooth. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low continue simmering uncovered, stirring occasionally, until sauce has darkened in color. About 10-15 minutes..
- In the last 15 minutes of smoking brush both sides of chicken leg quarters with sauce. When done remove to a platter. Let rest uncovered 10 minutes. Serve with additional sauce if desired and enjoy..
- Note: You will have extra sauce left over. Store it refrigerated for future use, it's good on lots of things. It will keep for at least a couple weeks!.
If you find this Sweet Heat Smoked Chicken Leg Quarters recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.