Recipe of Homemade Nana's Old Fashioned Whoopie Pies
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Nana's Old Fashioned Whoopie Pies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Nana's Old Fashioned Whoopie Pies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are dealing with diseases such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Although we’re incessantly being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, though, simply making a few minor changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically alter your eating habits. If you wish to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Soon enough, you will probably discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. Like many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to revert to your old diet.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to nana's old fashioned whoopie pies recipe. You can have nana's old fashioned whoopie pies using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Nana's Old Fashioned Whoopie Pies:
- You need of cookies.
- Use 6 tbsp of shortening.
- Use 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Provide 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Use 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- Get 6 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- Use 1 cup of milk.
- Take 1 of large egg.
- Provide 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Take of filling.
- Provide 3/4 cup of shortening.
- Provide 3/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of marshmallow fluff.
Steps to make Nana's Old Fashioned Whoopie Pies:
- Preheat over to 375°F. Grease 2 cookie sheets. Set aside..
- Put all cookie ingredients in large bowl. Beat together with electric mixer until just incorporated. Batter Will be very thick..
- Drop batter by heaping tablespoons into 12 evenly distributed mounds on the first greased cookie sheet. Place in oven for 10-12 minutes. While in oven fill second cookie sheet in same manner. You should get 24 cookies total. You can make smaller and get one more dozen for 36 total. If you must reuse the first cookie sheet let it cool before baking next batch..
- When first cookies are done swap out In oven with second cookie sheet. Let first batch cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes then carefully transfer to wire rack to finish cooling completely. Repeat with following batch(es) when done as well..
- While cookies cool, place all filling ingredients in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until creamy and fluffy (it should look about doubled in size from.when.you started when whipped properly)..
- When cookies are completely cool, spread about one tablespoon of filling on the bottom (flat) side of one cookie. Pick a second cookie about the same shape and gently press bottom side on top of filling. Repeat until all cookies and filling are used up..
- Enjoy fresh or wrap individually in plastic wrap to save for later. Place in fridge if desired (we like them cold lol)..
- Note: You can substitute butter for the shortening. Allow the butter to set out for about an hour to soften before use. I personally do not like margarine for this recipe (or any baked good lol), but it can be used as well..
If you find this Nana's Old Fashioned Whoopie Pies recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.