Recipe of Super Quick Homemade Bean & Ham Hock soup
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Bean & Ham Hock soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Bean & Ham Hock soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Bean & Ham Hock soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Suggestions For Living Green And Saving Money Within the Kitchen.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the surroundings. Those days are over, and it appears we all comprehend our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the experts, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some changes. These adjustments need to start occurring, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The cooking area is a good place to begin saving energy by going a lot more green.
Refrigerators and freezers use a lot of electricity, particularly when they are not working as efficiently as they should. You can certainly save up to 60% on energy once you get a new one, in comparison with those from longer than ten years ago. The proper temperature for food is 37F in the fridge and 0F in the freezer, and sticking to these will use a lesser amount of electricity. You can certainly cut down how often the motor has to run by routinely cleaning the condenser, which will save on electricity.
From the above it really should be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is quite straightforward to live green, after all. A lot of it really is basically using common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to bean & ham hock soup recipe. To make bean & ham hock soup you only need 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Bean & Ham Hock soup:
- Provide 1 1/3 lb of dried beans.
- Use 1 of water.
- Use 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Use 3 of large Ham Hocks.
- Provide of spices.
- Provide 3 tsp of salt (more or less to your liking).
- You need 1 tsp of cayenne pepper (more or less to taste).
- Provide 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Use 2 tbsp of Italian seasoning mix.
Instructions to make Bean & Ham Hock soup:
- Cover beans with water, by about an inch or more. Set aside for 8 hours to soak..
- 3 hours before beans are done place ham hocks in a pot, cover with water..
- Bring hocks to a boil, cover, turn down to a simmer. Check water level periodically to add more if required. If using fixed ham, do not do these hocks steps..
- When hocks have simmered for 3 hours, pull hocks out, place on a plate to allow to cool..
- Place soaked beans in large pot. Add 8 cups of hock broth and water to bring it to 8 cups..
- Bring beans to a boil, turn down heat to a simmer, cover. Stir ever 10-15 minutes.
- After hocks cool down, remove bones, shred/chop meat and skin to bit sized pieces..
- After beans have simmered 1 1/2 hours).
- Chop one large onion (yellow or sweet is what I usually use), add to beans, stir.
- Adds ham hocks or if using diced ham to beans, stir.
- If using a premixed add season packet. Or add spices in ingredients list, not both!.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, serve.
If you find this Bean & Ham Hock soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.