How to Make Award-winning Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing/Dressing
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing/Dressing recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing/Dressing recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing/Dressing recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who suffer from health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Although we’re constantly being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that many people feel it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out several small changes.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil, for instance, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be good for your skin as it is a great source of vitamin E. It might be that you already think that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly chemicals. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to slow cooker sausage stuffing/dressing recipe. To cook slow cooker sausage stuffing/dressing you only need 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing/Dressing:
- Use 1 pound of ground Italian sausage.
- Get 1 of (12-16 oz) bag of stuffing cubes.
- Use to taste of Ground black pepper.
- Provide 1 cup of dried cranberries.
- Take 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Get 2 teaspoon of poultry seasoning.
- Get 1 teaspoon of ground sage.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of crushed rosemary.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of crushed thyme.
- Provide 2 tablespoon of no/reduce salt butter, melted.
- You need 2-4 cups of reduce/no salt chicken broth.
Instructions to make Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing/Dressing:
- Remove sausages from their casings. Heat up sausage in a skillet. As it is browning, break it up with a fork. Once browned, put it to the side..
- Spray the slow cooker or, better yet, put in a liner. You will thank me later..
- In large bowl mix the stuffing cubes with dried cranberries, sausage, ground black pepper, onion & garlic powder, poultry seasoning, ground sage, and then finally the crushed rosemary & thyme..
- Pour the butter on top, then stir together. Next, add the chicken broth until you get the moisture that you desire. For me, it took 3 cups of broth..
- Cook on low for 2- 3 hours. Check after 2 hours, then every half hour after that. Stirring as you check it out. It took me 2 1/2 hours to get it the way that I like it..
If you find this Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing/Dressing recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.