Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Orange Layer Cake with Orange / Vanilla Whipped Cream Filling and Frosting recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Orange Layer Cake with Orange / Vanilla Whipped Cream Filling and Frosting recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Can save you Cash.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the environment. Those days are over, and it appears we all comprehend our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the specialists, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some improvements. These changes need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The kitchen is a good place to start saving energy by going a lot more green.
Why don’t we begin with something really easy, changing the particular light bulbs. This will certainly go outside of the kitchen, but that is okay. You really need to upgrade your incandescent lights by using energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. Although costing a little more in the beginning, these types of bulbs last as long as ten of the standard type as well as using a lot less energy. One of the pluses is that for every one of these lightbulbs used, it signifies that approximately ten normal lightbulbs less will certainly end up at a landfill site. You also have to obtain the routine of turning off the lights when there is nobody in a area. The kitchen lights specifically tend to be left on the whole day, just because the family tends to spend a lot of time there. This also happens in the rest of the house, but we have been trying to save money in the kitchen. Make a practice of having the lights on only when they are required, and you’ll be astonished at the amount of electricity you save.
As you can see, there are plenty of little items that you can do to save energy, as well as save money, in the kitchen alone. Efficient living is definitely something we can all perform, without difficulty. A lot of it really is merely making use of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to orange layer cake with orange / vanilla whipped cream filling and frosting recipe. You can cook orange layer cake with orange / vanilla whipped cream filling and frosting using 19 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Orange Layer Cake with Orange / Vanilla Whipped Cream Filling and Frosting:
- Provide of For Orange Cake.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of cake flour.
- You need 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Provide 10 tablespoon of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- Get 2 teaspoons of fresh grated orange zest.
- Provide 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of pure orange extract.
- You need 1 cup of fresh orange juice.
- Provide of For Orange Whipped Cream Filling and Frosting.
- You need 3 cups of cold heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of pure orange extract.
- You need 1-3 ounce of box orange gelatin (jello).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of boiling water.
- Take 1/2 cup of fresh orange juice.
Instructions to make Orange Layer Cake with Orange / Vanilla Whipped Cream Filling and Frosting:
- Make Orange Cake.
- Preheat the oven to350. Spray 3 – 8 inch cake pans well with bakers dpray.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl beat butter, sugar and orange zest until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating in after each egg. Beat in vanilla and orange extract.
- Add flour mixture alternating with orange juice just until combined, don't over beat.
- Divide batter evenly in prepared pans and bake 18 to 20 minutes until a toothpick comes out just clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan then remove to wire racks to cool completely before frosting.
- Make Orange Whipped Cream Filing and Frosting.
- Dissolve orange gelitin in boiling water, stirring until fully dissolved. Add cold orange juice and combine, refrigerate while whipping cream.
- Whip cream tosoft peaks.
- Beat in sugar, extracts, orange zest and cool but still liquid gelatin. Beat until cream holds its shape.
- Assemble cake.
- Place one cake layer, bottom side up on serving plate.
- Add some orange whipped cream.
- Add second cake layer, bottom up.
- Add some more orange filling.
- Add third cske layer and frost entire cake with the orange whipped cream. If the fillingvis still quite soft then you can refrigerate the cake and remaining frosting for about an hour to firm it up if frosting is difficult.
- Garnish with shaved chocoolate and orange sprinkles. Refrigerate cake at least 4 hours to allow whipped cream to firm up before slicing.
If you find this Orange Layer Cake with Orange / Vanilla Whipped Cream Filling and Frosting recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.