Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Sweet Lemon & Shortbread Bars recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet Lemon & Shortbread Bars recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Suggestions For Living Green And Saving Money In The Kitchen.
Remember when the only people who cared about the ecosystem were tree huggers along with hippies? That has totally changed now, since we all seem to have an awareness that the planet is having troubles, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. The experts are agreed that we are not able to adjust things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. Each and every family should start making changes that are environmentally friendly and they have to do this soon. The kitchen area is a good place to begin saving energy by going a lot more green.
Start with changing the light bulbs. This will probably go further than the kitchen, but that is okay. Compact fluorescent lightbulbs are energy-savers, and you will need to use them rather than incandescent lights. These bulbs are generally energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is actually lower, and, while they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. Changing the light bulbs would likely keep a lot of bulbs out of the landfills, and that’s good. It goes further than simply exchanging the lights, though; turning off lights that aren’t needed is another good thing to do. In the kitchen is where you’ll regularly discover members of a family, and often the lights are not turned off until the last person goes to bed. This also occurs in the rest of the house, but we have been trying to save money in the kitchen. Make a practice of having the lights on only when they are needed, and you’ll be amazed at the amount of electricity you save.
From the above it should be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. Natural living is actually something we can all do, without difficulty. A lot of it is basically using common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet lemon & shortbread bars recipe. To make sweet lemon & shortbread bars you need 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet Lemon & Shortbread Bars:
- Use of For the shortbread base layer.
- Take of icing sugar.
- Take of unsalted butter, at room temp.
- Take of plain flour.
- Get of fine salt.
- You need of For the Lemon filling.
- You need of large free range eggs.
- You need of egg yolk.
- Get of caster sugar.
- Get of Lemon Juice.
- Take of Vanilla extract.
- Get of finely grated lemon zest.
- Use of baking powder.
- Take of plain flour.
- Provide of Icing sugar for dusting.
Instructions to make Sweet Lemon & Shortbread Bars:
- Grease and line with parchment a 8×8 inch baking pan..
- Make the shortbread base layer. In a mixing bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and icing sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the flour and salt and mix gently until well incorporated. Break into pieces and press evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. It may seem at first like it won't spread across the whole pan, but it will if you persevere! Pop the pan into the fridge while you preheat the oven to 180C fan..
- When the oven is up to temperature, place the baking pan into the centre and bake for 20 minutes, or until the top appears matte and puffed, and the edges are just starting to brown. Meanwhile, make the Lemon Layer..
- To make the lemon layer, in a clean mixing bowl place the eggs, egg yolk and sugar and beat on a medium – high speed until paler in colour, light and airy. This should take around 3-4 minutes..
- Gently mix in the lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract. Sift in the flour and baking powder over the top. Mix this in very gently until fully incorporated..
- Pour this lemon mixture over the still hot shortbread, then return to the oven and bake for an additional 18 to 20 minutes, or until the top is set. Remove from the oven and place the pan onto a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, remove from the pan and slice. Dust with icing sugar just before serving..
If you find this Sweet Lemon & Shortbread Bars recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.