Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Sig' s Apple and Raisin Crumble recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sig' s Apple and Raisin Crumble recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sig' s Apple and Raisin Crumble recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Lowering costs In The Kitchen.
Until fairly recently anyone who indicated concern about the degradation of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. Those days are over, and it looks like we all realize our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. The experts are agreed that we are unable to change things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. This should happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. Here are a number of tips that can help you save energy, for the most part by making your kitchen area more green.
Start out with replacing the bulbs. This will probably go outside of the kitchen, nonetheless that is okay. Compact fluorescent lightbulbs are energy-savers, and you should use them instead of incandescent lights. These bulbs are generally energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is actually lower, and, although they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. One of the pluses is that for every one of these lightbulbs used, it ensures that approximately ten normal lightbulbs less will end up at a landfill site. Coupled with different light bulbs, you need to learn to leave the lights off if they are not needed. The kitchen lights specifically will often be left on the whole day, just because the family tends to spend a lot of time there. And it’s not limited to the kitchen, it happens in other parts of the house also. Try keeping the lights off unless you absolutely need them, and discover exactly how much electricity you can save.
As you can see, there are many little items that you can do to save energy, as well as save money, in the kitchen alone. It is reasonably easy to live green, after all. Largely, all it will take is a little common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sig' s apple and raisin crumble recipe. To cook sig' s apple and raisin crumble you only need 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Sig' s Apple and Raisin Crumble:
- You need of cake.
- Provide 1 kg of cooking apples, peeled, quartered and cored..
- Get 1/4 tsp of ground cloves.
- Take 1/4 tsp of vanilia sugar (optional ).
- Get 75 grams of light muscovado sugar.
- Take 25 grams of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 50 grams of raisina or sultanas,.
- Get 1 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dark rum or brandy ..
- Get of shortcake.
- Use 225 grams of self-raising flour.
- Get 100 grams of golden castor (superfine) sugar.
- You need 125 grams of unsalted butter from fridge, cubed,.
- Take 1 medium of egg , whisked foamy,.
- Get 2 tbsp of icing sugar for dusting,.
Steps to make Sig' s Apple and Raisin Crumble:
- grease a 20 / 8 inch loose bottom, deep cake tin .Preheat oven to 180 C/gas 5.
- Prepare your apples combine with all ingredients for filling in a saucepan ,cover and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes ,until it is boiled down to a thick ,jam -like consistence with a few bits of apple apparent.
- place flour ,sugar and butter in food processor blend until crumbly.Add egg and briefly whisk just to coat the crumbs , to not knead..
- sprinkle half the mixture over bottom of pan, add the apple mixture scatter the rest of dough crumbs over top..
- Bake for about 45 minutes until evenly golden brown. Run a knife along the edge and leave to slightly cool.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with cream ..
If you find this Sig' s Apple and Raisin Crumble recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.