Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Toasted Milk Basbousa With Cream recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Toasted Milk Basbousa With Cream recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Toasted Milk Basbousa With Cream recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Choosing to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a lot of health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. While we’re constantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. In all probability, most people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out a couple of small changes.
Initially, you must be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your shopping cart that you no longer want to eat. For instance, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it has. One healthy alternative that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. Add fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can become a usual part of your new healthy eating regimen.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to toasted milk basbousa with cream recipe. To make toasted milk basbousa with cream you need 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Toasted Milk Basbousa With Cream:
- You need of for the basbousa base:.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of powdered milk, divided.
- Get 1 cup of semolina, medium grind*.
- Get 3/4 cup of melted ghee (or oil or half oil, half ghee)*.
- Use 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 can of cream (eshta/ashta)*.
- You need 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk*.
- Get 3 tablespoons of milk (plus 3 more tablespoons for thinning top batter).
- Get 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Provide of for the cream filling:.
- Use 1 cup of whole milk.
- Get 1 cup of whipping cream.
- Take 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar.
- Provide 3 tablespoons of cornstarch.
- You need of for topping:.
- Provide 3/4 cup of condensed milk (basically all what is remaining from a 14oz/397g can)*.
- Get 1/2 cup of toasted milk powder.
- Use of Pistachios (optional).
Instructions to make Toasted Milk Basbousa With Cream:
- TO MAKE THE BASBOUSA BASE: Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 180C/ 350F. In a medium skillet over medium heat, place the full amount of powdered milk and cook, stirring constantly, until toasted and turns deep golden brown in colour; about 10 minutes. Do not rush this process, or be tempted to toast it on high heat, as the powdered milk can scorch easily..
- Remove 1/2 cup of the toasted milk powder, and set aside for topping the finished dish later. We'll come back to the remaining 1 cup in a bit, but first…prepare the semolina. In a large bowl, stir together the semolina and melted ghee together until well combined. Set aside till you prepare the rest of the ingredients; mixture will thicken as it sits..
- Back to the toasted milk. Place the remaining 1 cup of the toasted milk powder in a medium bowl and add to it the sugar, canned cream (eshta/ashta), sweetened condensed milk, 3 tablespoons of milk, baking powder and salt. Whisk everything together until well blended. Pour the toasted milk mixture over the semolina/ghee mixture, and stir with a spatula until well combined..
- Take half of the batter, which should weight 445g, and transfer it to a lightly greased 13X9 inch baking dish.* Using a spatula or back of a spoon, spread the batter into an even layer. Set aside. Into the bowl with the remaining half of the batter, pour the extra 3 tablespoons of milk and stir, until well combined and the batter has thinned in consistency. Transfer the thinned batter to a piping or zipper lock bag with the tip snipped off to make a 1 cm opening. Set aside..
- Bake the batter in the dish, for 10 to 12 minutes until the basbousa base starts to set and is no longer wet. Be sure not to bake it all the way through, as it will go back in the oven once more and continue to bake. While the basbousa base is baking, prepare the the cream filling..
- TO MAKE THE CREAM FILLING: In a medium saucepan, off the heat, whisk together the milk, whipping cream, sugar and cornstarch until well combined and the cornstarch has dissolved completely without any visible lumps. Set the saucepan over medium-high heat and cook, whisking constantly until the mixture forms large bubbles over the surface and reaches a full boil. Continue to cook for about 30 more seconds, until the mixture thickens..
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and pour the cream filling over the baked basbousa base and spread into an even layer. Place the dish in the fridge for about 5 minutes to set the cream filling just enough so that the top batter layer doesn't sink into it. It should still remain warm..
- TO FINISH: Pipe the thinned batter (the one waiting in the piping bag) in lines on top of the cream to cover the entire surface. Using a spatula or the back of a spoon, carefully smooth out the lines and cover any areas where the cream is exposed. Bake again until the surface has fully set and feels done to the touch; 20 to 25 minutes..
- Take the dish out of the oven and immediately pour the remaining can of condensed milk all over the surface and smooth out with a spatula to cover the entire surface. Allow the condensed milk to absorb into the basbousa; this can take about 20 minutes. The condensed milk should be mostly absorbed but will leave a thin, opaque film over the surface. Allow the basbousa to cool to room temperature.
- Then sift the remaining 1/2 cup (50g) of toasted milk powder evenly over the surface. Use a small spoon to draw diagonal lines into the toasted milk powder layer. Garnish with pistachios around the edges if desired and serve at room temperature or slightly warm..
- Taste and texture are at their best the same day it's made, but leftovers will keep well, covered tightly, in the refrigerater for a couple of days. Bring back to room temperature before serving, or lightly warm individual servings in the microwave..
If you find this Toasted Milk Basbousa With Cream recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.