Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Fig Ricotta Cake recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Fig Ricotta Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fig Ricotta Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Techniques To Live Green And also Spend less Money In The Kitchen.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the surroundings. Those days are over, and it appears we all realize our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. Unless everyone begins to start living a lot more eco-friendly we won’t be able to correct the problems of the environment. This needs to happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. The kitchen area is a good starting point saving energy by going more green.
You may prefer cooking food with your oven, but using a microwave instead will cost you much less money. As soon as you find out it will require 75% more energy to cook in the oven, you could possibly look for more ways to use the microwave. Countertop appliances will certainly boil water or steam vegetables more rapidly than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. You could well be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned way, but you would be wrong. A dishwasher is particularly efficient when it’s full before a cycle is commenced. Preserve even more money by air drying and also cool drying your dishes as an alternative to heat drying them.
From the above it should be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. Green living just isn’t that tough. It’s about being sensible, usually.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to fig ricotta cake recipe. You can cook fig ricotta cake using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Fig Ricotta Cake:
- Take 10 T of softened butter plus some for the pan.
- Take 1 cup of sugar plus some for sprinkling on top and coating pan.
- Take 3 of eggs.
- Get 1 cup of whole milk ricotta, room temperature.
- Take 2 of heaping tablespoons sour cream.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla.
- Take 1 tablespoon of lemon zest.
- Use 1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Use 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- Take 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Use 12 of figs, stemmed and quartered.
Instructions to make Fig Ricotta Cake:
- Take 4 figs and place in 400 oven on baking sheet for 20 minutes. When roasted place in blender and purée. If needed, add a little water. Set aside..
- Set oven to 375. Prepare a 9 inch springform pan by buttering generously and coating sides and bottom with sugar..
- Cream 10 T of butter with one cup sugar for 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, incorporating fully. Add ricotta, sour cream, vanilla and lemon zest. Beat until combined. Don’t worry if it looks curdled or lumpy..
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder together. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Add fig purée. Beat just until combined..
- Pour into pan and smooth the top. Place fig quarters gently on top of cake. Sprinkle generously with sugar..
- Bake for approximately 40-50 minutes, or until skewer comes out clean and top is browned. Cake may need additional time in baking..
- If making with peaches and raspberries, add one half pint of raspberries to batter and 3 sliced peaches and a half pint raspberries to top of cake..
If you find this Fig Ricotta Cake recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.