How to Prepare Perfect Bbq pepperoni deep dish pizza in a Cast Iron skillet
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Bbq pepperoni deep dish pizza in a Cast Iron skillet recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Bbq pepperoni deep dish pizza in a Cast Iron skillet recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Bbq pepperoni deep dish pizza in a Cast Iron skillet recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Choosing to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a lot of diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to lead a more healthy lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, however, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery since you most probably choose a lot of items out of habit. As an example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it has. Having a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a regular part of your new healthy diet.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to bbq pepperoni deep dish pizza in a cast iron skillet recipe. To make bbq pepperoni deep dish pizza in a cast iron skillet you need 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Bbq pepperoni deep dish pizza in a Cast Iron skillet:
- Use 2.5 Cups of unbleached bread flour.
- Take 1.5 cups of whole wheat bread flour.
- Take 2 tablespoons of active dry yeast.
- Take 2 tablespoons of mustard powder.
- Take 1 tablespoon of pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ground white pepper.
- Provide 1 of pepperoni stick.
- Prepare 1 cup of BBQ sauce.
- You need 1/2 of of an onion.
- You need 2 cups of mozzarella or Italian blend cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of parmesian cheese.
- Use of pizza seasoning.
Instructions to make Bbq pepperoni deep dish pizza in a Cast Iron skillet:
- Making the dough 1- First, combine both flours, yeast and bread seasonings (mustard powder, pepper, salt) in a large mixing bowl. Add water and mix thoroughly until there is no flour left and your dough sticks together. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest for 8-14 hours..
- Making the dough 2- Uncover dough and add a couple tablespoons of olive oil and mix until fully combined. Let rest for an adit iona 30mins to an hour..
- Making the dough 3- On a well flowered surface kneed your dough mixture, adding extra flower as needed) until dough is a nice texture and does not stick to your hands as easily. Separate into 2 ziploc bags and let rest until you are ready to make the pizza!.
- Preparing the pizza- Oil up a Cast iron skillet or similar cookware, add your dough and begin forming it to the pan. Let rest while preparing the rest of the toppings..
- Preparing the toppings Onions – First, chop up half an onion into long pieves, add to a paper towel covered dish and microwave for 1min to get most of the moisture out. Set aside until assembly..
- Preparing the toppings pepperoni – Slice up your pepperoni into thin (1/8in) slices, getting between 20-30 pieces of pepperoni from a foot long sausage. Add to a paper towel covered dish cover the top and microwave from 1 minute. Set aside for assembly..
- BBQ pizza sauce – Grab a bottle of your favorite bbq sauce and determine if it is A) too thick, B) too runny or C) perfect for pizza. If it is A) add small amounts of water to it and mix. For B) add Honey or Molasses until it becomes less runny. Skip this step for perfect pizza sauces..
- Assembling the pizza – Once again press the dough down making sure to have the sides pushed up for a crust. Lay a layer of cheese down at the bottom and coat as evenly as possible with bbq sauce. Then add your pepperoni in a large + grid to be able to place the most pepperoni possible. Fill the cracks between pepperoni with the onions and give it a smaller layer of cheese or parmesian on top..
- Cook on 450 degrees farenheight for 25-30mins (or more if you want well done crust) let sit for 15-20mins before cutting into and enjoy!.
- ~Bonus~ For garlic crust, melt garlic butter (or regular butter with garlic powder added) and brush onto your crust after taking it out of the oven. Then sprinkle on some extra parmesian cheese..
If you find this Bbq pepperoni deep dish pizza in a Cast Iron skillet recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.