Easiest Way to Prepare Homemade Low Carb Cottage Pie
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Low Carb Cottage Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Low Carb Cottage Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen area Could save you Cash.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the surroundings. That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared obligation we have for turning things around. The experts are agreed that we cannot change things for the better without everyone’s active participation. These modifications need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The kitchen area is a good place to start saving energy by going more green.
A lot of electrical power is actually wasted when fridges and freezers, both heavy users of electricity anyway, are not operating efficiently. You can certainly save up to 60% on energy whenever you get a new one, in comparison to those from longer than ten years ago. The appropriate temperature for food is 37F inside the fridge and 0F in the freezer, and sticking to these will use less electricity. Another way to save electricity is to keep the condenser clean, due to the fact that the motor won’t have to operate as often.
As you can see, there are many little things that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. Eco-friendly living just isn’t that hard. It’s related to being functional, more often than not.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to low carb cottage pie recipe. You can have low carb cottage pie using 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Low Carb Cottage Pie:
- Get 2 T of coconut oil.
- Provide 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Provide 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Get 2 of carrots, finely chopped.
- Get 2 of ribs celery, finely chopped.
- You need 800 g of beef mince.
- You need 60 g of tomato paste.
- Use 2 cups of beef stock.
- Use 1/2 cup of red wine.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 2 t of dried thyme.
- Take 3 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 T of cornflour mixed with a bit of water.
- Prepare 1 of big butternut, peeled and cut into cubes.
- Provide 1/2 cup of plain yoghurt.
- You need 1 t of nutmeg.
- Provide 2 T of coconut oil.
- Use of salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Low Carb Cottage Pie:
- Heat the oven to 190C..
- Place the butternut with the 2 T of coconut oil, nutmeg and salt and pepper in a big roasting dish. Mix and roast for 30 minutes or until soft..
- In a big pan brown the onion and garlic in the 2 T coconut oil..
- Add the carrots and celery and saute until soft..
- Add the mince, breaking it up as it browns..
- Add the tomato paste, red wine, stock, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, bay leaves and salt and pepper and mix..
- Add the cornstarch slurry..
- Bring to a boil and then simmer on medium heat until the liquid has become a thick gravy. About 40 minutes..
- When the butternut is soft, transfer to a bowl and add the yoghurt. Blitz with a hand-held blender until it is mashed..
- When the mince is ready (the gravy should be thick and not at all runny), transfer it to the dish wherein the butternut was cooked..
- Add the butternut mash to the dish, creating a second layer..
- Put the dish back in the oven for 30 minutes..
- Serve with chopped Italian parsley and chillies..
If you find this Low Carb Cottage Pie recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.