Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Light Fruit Cake recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Light Fruit Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Light Fruit Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
You already understand that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be sensible and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The worst part is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the conclusion of the day, the majority of us want to go home, not to the gym. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy choices doesn’t have to be irritating. If you are conscientious you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food choices you need. Here are some ideas to be as healthful as possible.
Take the stairs. Instead of selecting the elevator, climb the stairs to your floor. Obviously this isn’t as plausible if you work on the 25th floor of a high rise, but if you work on the fourth, climbing the stairs is a fantastic way to get some exercise in. Even if you do live or work on one of the higher floors, you can still get off of the elevator first and climb up the stairs the rest of the way. Most people will decide to be lazy and take an elevator instead of choosing exercise on the stairs. Even if you only have a single flight to climb, climbing up and down it during the day is a great way to get additional exercise.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get healthy. An overpriced gym membership and very hard to stick to diets are not the only way to do it. Little things, when done each day, can do a great deal to make it easier to get healthy and lose pounds. Make sensible choices every day is a great start. A good amount of physical activity each day is also critical. Don’t ignore that health isn’t only about just how much you weigh. You want your body to be powerful too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to light fruit cake recipe. You can cook light fruit cake using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Light Fruit Cake:
- Use 3/4 cup (120 grams) of candied mixed peel.
- Use 1/2 cup (100 grams) of candied red or green cherries (cut into quarters).
- Take 1/3 cup (40 grams) of dark raisins.
- Provide 2-3 tablespoons of Grand Marnier, rum, brandy, or sherry (optional).
- Use 1/2 cup (113 grams) of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- Get 1/2 cup (100 grams) of granulated white sugar.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs, room temperature.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of pure almond extract.
- You need 1 1/2 cups (195 grams) of all-purpose flour.
- Provide 1/2 cup (50 grams) of ground almonds (almond meal/flour).
- Use 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Use 1/4 teaspoons of salt.
- Provide of Zest of one small lemon (outer skin).
- Provide 1/4 cup (60 ml) of milk (whole or reduced fat).
- Take of Some flaked almonds for decoration.
Steps to make Light Fruit Cake:
- In a large bowl, combine candied mixed peel, cherries, and dark raisins. Mix well. Stir in the brandy to coat the fruit. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let stand at room temperature at least 1 day(up to 2 days) to macerate the fruit, stirring occasionally..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C), with the oven rack in the center of the oven. Butter, or spray with a nonstick vegetable spray, a 9 x 5 x 3 inch (23 x 13 x 8 cm) loaf pan..
- In a separate bowl, whisk dried ingredients together the flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest..
- In a large bowl of stand mixer and using the paddle attachment, beat the butter until creamy. Gradually add the sugar and beat until mixture is light and creamy. Beat in the egg one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula to ensure ingredients are all incorporated. Beat 1 additional minute..
- Beat in the extracts. Add the candied and dried fruits, along with any juices, and beat until incorporated. Beat in half the flour mixture just until incorporated. Add almond flour, then beat in the milk and then the remaining flour mixture. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and, if desired, decorate the top of the cake with flaked almonds..
- Bake for about 60 – 70 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cover with a piece of aluminum foil if you find the cake is browning too much! Remove the cake from the oven. Let it cool down in the baking tin. Cut into slices and serve..
If you find this Light Fruit Cake recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.