Recipe of Quick Louisiana Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Louisiana Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Louisiana Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green And also Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
Until fairly recently any person who portrayed concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That’s a thing of the past now, with everyone being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared obligation we have for turning things around. According to the industry experts, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some improvements. Each and every family must start creating changes that are environmentally friendly and they have to do this soon. Keep reading for some ways to go green and save energy, largely in the kitchen.
A lot of energy is wasted when fridges and freezers, both heavy users of electricity anyway, are not working efficiently. You can easily save up to 60% on energy whenever you get a new one, when compared with those from longer than ten years ago. Maintaining the temperature of the fridge at 37F, coupled with 0F for the freezer, will save on electricity, while keeping food at the correct temperature. Checking that the condenser is actually clean, which means that the motor needs to run less often, will also save electricity.
From the above it should be obvious that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are lots of little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is quite easy to live green, after all. It’s concerning being practical, more often than not.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to louisiana chicken and andouille sausage gumbo recipe. You can cook louisiana chicken and andouille sausage gumbo using 27 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Louisiana Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo:
- Get of To Prepare Chicken.
- Prepare 1 of whole chicken rinsed and patted dry (I used a 5 lb chicken for this recipe).
- Get 6 quart of water.
- Get 4 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 of chicken boullion cube.
- You need 3 of whole garlic cloves.
- Use 1/2 tsp of salt & pepper.
- Provide 1 cup of leftover celery stalk trimmings and leaves (I save these for anytime I make a homeade broth, absolutely delicious!).
- Use 1/4 cup of unused leftover red onion (I save this too for depth of flavor).
- Prepare of Gumbo.
- Get 1 of shredded chicken.
- Prepare 1 lb of andouille sausage, sliced.
- Get 1 1/2 of onions, chopped.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 3 of celery stalks, chopped.
- Take 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Use 3 of bay leaves.
- Take 1 tbsp of cajun seasoning.
- Get 2 of chicken boullion cubes.
- Get 3 tbsp of fresh parsley, chopped.
- Provide of Roux.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of canola oil.
- Provide 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Get 1 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- Prepare of Sides.
- Prepare 1 of hot cooked rice.
- Prepare 1 of gumbo file.
Steps to make Louisiana Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo:
- Bring chicken, water, seasonings and veggies to boil in a large stock pot..
- Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and simmmer for up to an hour or until chicken is tender, falling off the bone..
- Remove chicken from stockpot and strain the broth reserving it for the gumbo. Debone the chicken, shred and set aside..
- Take reserved chicken stock and add it back to the stockpot. Add shredded chicken, sausage, veggies, seasonings and bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil..
- Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer for 1 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally..
- In a heavy skillet (I use a cast iron skillet) heat oil on medium high heat..
- Gradually add in flour whisking constantly..
- **Note** A good roux takes about 30 minutes to make so be prepared to be whisking for a while lol My cajun buddies will tell ya, its done when its 2 beers in! lmao.
- Keep stirring until your roux is a dark carmel brown in color. I've added step pics for start, middle and end results for a reference..
- Once roux is finished, slowly add it to your gumbo pot and continue to stir occasionally for another hour..
- Serve over hot cooked rice with gumbo file if desired..
If you find this Louisiana Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.