Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Rice Cake/Giant Idli with Harissa Paste & Podi recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Rice Cake/Giant Idli with Harissa Paste & Podi recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that offer You Power.
Enjoying healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way you feel. We are likely to feel way less gross whenever we increase our daily allowance of wholesome foods and reduce our consumption of junk foods. A salad allows us to feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). This can be a problem, however, in terms of eating between meals. Shopping for snacks can be a difficult task because you have so many options. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that can be used when you need a fast pick me up.
Certain foods made from whole grains are fantastic for a quick snack. Starting your morning with a piece of whole grain bread toasted can give you that added boost you need to get going. Chips and crackers created from whole grains can be fantastic for quick treats to eat on the go. Whole grains are always better than highly processed grains present in white bread.
A large selection of instant health snacks is easily obtainable. Being healthy and balanced doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to rice cake/giant idli with harissa paste & podi recipe. To cook rice cake/giant idli with harissa paste & podi you only need 25 ingredients and 30 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Rice Cake/Giant Idli with Harissa Paste & Podi:
- Provide 1 Cup of White Urad Daal.
- Take 2 Cups of Idli Rava.
- You need 1 Tsp of Fenugreek Seeds.
- Prepare of —————————.
- You need of Harissa Paste:.
- Get 2 of Red bell peppers (Medium).
- Prepare 60 Grams of Dried red chillies.
- Provide 60 Grams of Garlic.
- Get 1 Tbsp of Caraway seeds.
- Take 2.5 Tbsp of Coriander seeds.
- Get 2.5 Tbsp of Fennel seeds.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of Cumin seeds.
- Provide 1 Tbsp of Salt.
- Take 150 Ml of White vinegar.
- Take 150 Ml of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Get of —————————.
- Prepare of Podi:.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Toor Daal.
- Get 1/2 Cup of Urad Daal (White).
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Moong Daal (Yellow).
- Take 1/4 Cup of Sesame Seeds (White).
- Get 2 Cups of Dried Red Chilies.
- Prepare 1.5 Tbsp of Asafoetida.
- Use 1.5 Tsp of Salt.
- Take 1 Tsp of Sugar.
Steps to make Rice Cake/Giant Idli with Harissa Paste & Podi:
- To make the Idli: Wash the Daal thoroughly in a medium bowl until the water runs clear..
- Soak covered in 2-3 cups of water & the Methi Seeds for about 2 hours..
- Place the Idli Rava in a large bowl. Add 4-5 cups of water & let it soak covered for about 2 hours as well..
- Drain the water from the Daal & the Idli Rava. Grind the Daal along with the Methi Seeds & 3/4th cup of freshwater..
- Mix it with the Idli Rava. Mix well. Cover with a tight lid or Cling Wrap & leave it to ferment overnight or 8-10 hours..
- Note: During hot summers the batter may rise in just 4 to 5 hours & during winters it may take up to 16 hours or so. Add Salt when ready to cook..
- Heat 2 cups of water in a large pot. Place a trivet in the pot. Grease a 7” springform cake pan. Wrap aluminum foil around it so that the batter doesn’t leak. Check the level of water. It should not be over the trivet..
- Pour the batter in the springform pan. Place it in the pot carefully on top of the trivet when the water comes to a boil over high heat. Cover. Reduce heat to medium. Steam for 30 minutes..
- When done, take out carefully & unmold. Level the top with the help of a long serrated knife or cake leveler in a sawing action..
- Place it in a plate, upside down. Decorate if desired..
- Note: I poured the Harissa Paste in a squirt bottle & made the Cookpad logo..
- Serve hot with Sambar/Coconut ChutneyHarissa Paste/Podi..
- 2.To make the Harissa Paste: Place the chillies in a bowl and cover with boiling hot water. Soak for 1 hour..
- Meanwhile, place the cumin, coriander, fennel and caraway in a dry frying pan over high heat. Toast for 3 minutes, stirring constantly, till fragrant..
- Remove the spices from the pan immediately to prevent burning. Let the spices cool completely. Coarsely grind the spices in a dry grinder or use a mortar & pestle..
- Drain the chillies, reserving a few tablespoons of the chilli water..
- Roast the bell peppers on open flame turning frequently until charred from all sides. Let them cool completely..
- Cut the top & the membrane. Remove the seeds & discard. Peel the skin. Reserve a little bit of the charred skin for a nice smoky flavor..
- Place the garlic & bell peppers in a food processor with a bit of the chilli water. Blend thoroughly. Add the chillies, spices, salt and vinegar. Process for several minutes, till smooth..
- With the food processor running, begin adding a slow, steady stream of olive oil to the mixture. Stop adding once a paste-like consistency is achieved (you may not need all of the olive oil)..
- Store in sterilized glass jars. Stays good in the refrigerator for 6 months or so. Use as required..
- 3.To make the Idli Podi: Roast the daals separately with a few drops of oil over medium heat until you get a nice nutty aroma..
- Be extra careful not to burn them otherwise, it will alter the taste completely. Transfer to a large plate..
- Now, roast the sesame seeds just for about 2 minutes. That’s all it takes. Remove..
- Finally roast the red chilies. Again chilies tend to get roasted quickly so be careful not to burn them. Remove..
- Once all the roasted ingredients are on the plate, add asafetida, salt & sugar while still somewhat warm. Once the mixture is cooled completely, grind to a coarse powder in a dry grinder or coffee grinder..
- Your podi is ready to be served with idlis/dosas. Tip: Use sesame oil to mix with your podi. No other oil seems to match up to that extraordinary taste. Store in an airtight jar. Use as required..
If you find this Rice Cake/Giant Idli with Harissa Paste & Podi recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.