Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pickled veggies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pickled veggies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. There are a number of health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. While we’re constantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets require much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out some small changes.
Initially, you will have to be very careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your shopping cart that you don’t wish to eat. As an example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? A superb healthy option can be porridge oats which have been shown to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. Mix in fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a usual part of your new healthy eating plan.
As you can see, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pickled veggies recipe. You can have pickled veggies using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Pickled veggies:
- You need 500 ml of water.
- Take 150 ml of white wine vinegar or cider vinegar.
- Use 100 g of sugar.
- Prepare 20 g of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of mustard seed.
- Use 2 tsp of coriander/cilantro seed.
- Prepare 2 tsp of peppercorns.
- Take 2 of bay leaves.
- Provide 4 of pimento/allspice berries.
- You need of vegetables: e.g. carrots, small cauliflower, cucumber, small radishes, red onions.
Instructions to make Pickled veggies:
- In a pot bring water, sugar, salt and spices to a boil. Boil for a 2-3 minutes, otherwise the brew will become too sweet..
- In the meantime wash, peel and cut vegetables. Sterilize jars in boiling water..
- Drain the brew to remove the spices. Use one small pot for each type of vegetable otherwise the flavours will start to mingle. Pour some of the brew over the vegetables, bring to a boil and cook for a few minutes. Make sure that you don't cook them trough. The small radishes will lose their colour and the brew will turn pink. Looks quite pretty..
- Fill the vegetables in the jars, secure with lid and put upside down. Wait for 5-10 minutes. Turn up again and a vacuum should be formed. Store in the fridge. Enjoy as a snack, with a steak or fish..
If you find this Pickled veggies recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.