Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Stuffed whole cabbage recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Stuffed whole cabbage recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Stuffed whole cabbage recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than before and rightfully so. There are many diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. While we’re always being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that many people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make some simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
These better food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. It can also be good for your skin since it is an excellent source of vitamin E. Although you may already consume a lot of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a superb choice and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemicals. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of eating foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
As you can see, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to stuffed whole cabbage recipe. To make stuffed whole cabbage you need 16 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Stuffed whole cabbage:
- You need 1 of medium green cabbage.
- Take 300 g of minced meat (whatever meat you prefer, beef, lamb, turkey, chicken, sausages).
- Use 1/2 cup of cooked rice.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped or grated.
- Prepare 1 of bell pepper, finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of mixed herbs: mint, dill, parsley or coriander, finely chopped.
- Take of cumin, turmeric, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Get of Olive oil or any vegetable oil.
- Take of cheesecloth.
- Prepare of Ingredients for tomato sauce.
- Get 300 g of canned tomatoes.
- Use 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of white sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vinegar.
- Get 1 1/2 cup of water.
- Use of Oil.
Steps to make Stuffed whole cabbage:
- First of all we prepare tomato sauce. Heat the oil in a pan and saute chopped onion for until soft. Add the tomatoes, sugar, vinegar..
- Add water and Cook for 5 minutes and set aside..
- Bring salted water to a boil, and submerge whole cabbage for 6-7 minutes. Then peel the leaves..
- In a bowl, add minced meat, cooked rice, grated onion, chopped bell pepper and fresh herbs. Season with spices..
- Use your hand and mix all ingredients together..
- Now, we need a large bowl lined with cheese cloth to hold whole cabbage together when once you layered to set. What we do for the first layer is: put one large leave at the bottom of the bowl, then arrange largest cabbage leaves, overlapping (as you see in the photos) so they line the bowl..
- Now, put 1/3 of meat mixture at the bottom of the bowl and spread the meat evenly…
- Then, put couple of cabbage leaves top of stuffing to separate the layers. Make sure that the leaves completely cover the stuffing and sides of the the bowl..
- Again, put some more meat mixture over the new layer of leaves and spread it. Use your hand or a spoon and press the meat down and continue the layering process until meat mixture is used up..
- Finally cover the stuffing with some blanched leaves and tucking all of leaves down the sides of the bowl, as you see in the photos..
- Gather ends of cheesecloth together, twist the cloth and squeeze it tightly..
- Take the whole stuffed cabbage and drop it into the tomato sauce. Cover the pot with a lid and allow to cook for 1 hour over medium heat..
- You may cook the stuffed cabbage in the oven. In this case, after wrapping the cabbage with cheese cloth, cover it with foil and pop it into the oven at 175C degree and cook it for about 2 hours.Take stuffed whole cabbage out of the pot and place it in a serving plate..
- Let it cool a little bit and remove the cheese cloth. Cut the stuffed cabbage into the pieces and serve it with mixture of yogurt+ garlic or with tomato sauce or mustard sauce..
If you find this Stuffed whole cabbage recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.