Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Brad's chicken and sausage gumbo recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Brad's chicken and sausage gumbo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Brad's chicken and sausage gumbo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Could save you Cash.
Until fairly recently anyone who expressed concern about the wreckage of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. According to the specialists, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some adjustments. Each and every family ought to start creating changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. The cooking area is a good place to begin saving energy by going a lot more green.
A massive amount of electricity is definitely consumed by freezers as well as refrigerators, and it’s even worse if they are working inefficiently. If you might be in the market for a new one, the good news is that compared with types from 10 or more years ago, they use about 60% less electrical power. The suitable temperature settings for your fridge and freezer, whereby you’ll be saving electrical power and optimising the preservation of food, is 37F and also 0F. Checking that the condenser is clean, which means that the motor needs to work less often, will also save electricity.
The kitchen by itself gives you many small ways by which energy and money can be saved. It is reasonably uncomplicated to live green, all things considered. A lot of it is simply using common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to brad's chicken and sausage gumbo recipe. You can cook brad's chicken and sausage gumbo using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Brad's chicken and sausage gumbo:
- Provide 3 lbs of chicken thighs with bone and skin.
- Provide of Seasoned flour to dredge chicken.
- Prepare 1 of lg yellow onion, chopped.
- Provide 1 of red & 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped.
- Take 6 of celery stalks, chopped.
- Get 8-10 of roma tomatoes, chopped.
- Provide 10 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- Take 1 1/2 cups of cream sherry.
- Provide 1 1/2 cups of shortening.
- Take 1 1/2 cups of flour.
- Provide 10-12 cups of water.
- Get 1/3 cup of granulated chicken bouillon.
- Provide 1 tbs of dried oregano.
- You need 1 tbs of smoked paprika.
- Take 1/2 tbs of white pepper.
- Take of Cajun seasoning to taste. I like it spicy so I used a fair bit.
- Prepare 1 pkg of frozen okra.
- Use 1 1/2-2 lbs of andouille sausage, sliced 1/2 inch thick.
- You need 4-6 cups of prepared white rice.
- Get of Gumbo filé.
Steps to make Brad's chicken and sausage gumbo:
- Place seasoned flour into a lg ziplock bag. Add chicken and seal. Shake well to coat evenly. Heat canola oil in a lg frying pan just under medium heat. Fry chicken covered until golden brown on both sides. Set aside..
- In the same pan, reserve 2 tbs of the chicken grease. Add onions, peppers, and celery. Fry on medium heat until onions are translucent..
- Meanwhile in a lg Dutch oven, melt shortening on medium heat. Add flour and mix thoroughly. Stir almost constantly until the roux becomes almost a chocolate brown and smells very nutty. This takes a while, but is the base Flavor of the dish. If it starts to smell burnt. Start over..
- Add tomatoes and garlic to the onion mixture. Keep frying until about half of the liquid from the onions evaporates. Add sherry. Bring to a simmer until half of that liquid evaporates..
- When the roux is done it will be a nice caramel color. Slowly add the onion mixture to it. Continue to stir constantly. Add water and mix thoroughly. Add the fried chicken, bouillon and spices. Bring to a simmer and simmer for an hour uncovered. Stir every 5-10 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings to taste. Add okra and sausage. Simmer for another 20 minutes..
- In a bowl, plate rice off to one side. Add gumbo to the bowl, and top with a chicken thigh. Sprinkle a little gumbo filé on top and serve immediately. Enjoy..
If you find this Brad's chicken and sausage gumbo recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.