Steps to Make Perfect Barnyard Millet Pongal
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Barnyard Millet Pongal recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Barnyard Millet Pongal recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Barnyard Millet Pongal recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Opting to eat healthily has incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. Most likely, most people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make several minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also terrific for your skin. It might be that you already believe that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemical substances. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
To sum up, it is not difficult to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to barnyard millet pongal recipe. To cook barnyard millet pongal you need 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Barnyard Millet Pongal:
- Get 3/4 cup of Barnyard Millet.
- You need 1/4 cup of Moong lentil.
- Take 1 tablespoon of ghee.
- Get 6-7 of black peppercorns.
- Take 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of Himalayan salt.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Get 1/4 cup of cashews.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of grated ginger.
Instructions to make Barnyard Millet Pongal:
- Peel the skin of ginger and grate it into small pieces.
- Roast the cashews in ghee until just light brown color.
- Take barnyard Millet and moong lentils and soak it in water.
- Take all other ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add Millet and lentils in an instant pot and and add 1.5 cups of water and add cumin, pepper and ginger to it.
- Close the lid of Instant pot and set it in “Pressure Cook” mode for 6 mins and switch it “On”.
- After the cooking is done, open the lid and add salt and turmeric to it. At this point add roasted cashews to it as well.Mix it well with a wooden spoon. Serve it hot with your favorite chutney. Or eat by itself..
If you find this Barnyard Millet Pongal recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.