Recipe of Super Quick Homemade Easy, Low Fat Cottage Pie
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Easy, Low Fat Cottage Pie recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Easy, Low Fat Cottage Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy, Low Fat Cottage Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
Everybody knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a nutritious and balanced diet and get a proper amount of exercise. The sad thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. When our work day is finished, most people do not want to go to the gym. A delicious, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You will be happy to discover that achieving good health doesn’t have to be hard. If you are diligent you’ll get all of the activity and appropriate food choices you need. Here are some very simple ways to get healthy.
Select water over other refreshments. Soda and coffee, when ingested in small amounts, aren’t that bad. It will be, however, a bad idea to solely drink soda or coffee. Ingesting water instead of other kinds of drinks is a good way to help your body in its health and hydration. This also helps you lower your caloric intake by hundreds of points without requiring you to buy and eat disgusting diet foods. Water is often the main element to successful weight-loss and healthfulness.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get wholesome. An costly gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. You can do small things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being intelligent about the selections you make each day is a start. Getting as much exercise as you possibly can is another factor. Remember: being healthful isn’t just about reducing your weight. You need to make your body as strong it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to easy, low fat cottage pie recipe. You can have easy, low fat cottage pie using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Easy, Low Fat Cottage Pie:
- Use 120 g of lean 5% fat beef mince,.
- Use 425 g of mash potato, (ready made, available in most supermarkets),.
- Get Half of an onion, chopped finely,.
- Take Half of a large vine tomato, chopped finely,.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried parsley,.
- Take 1/2 tsp of garlic granules,.
- Provide 4 tsp of beef gravy granules,.
- Provide 1 of good dash or two of Worcester sauce,.
- Get 100 ml of water, boiled,.
- Use of Salt and pepper to season,.
- Take 30 g of 50% reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated,.
- Take 7 g of unsalted butter, (around 1/2 tbsp),.
- Provide of Frylight for frying, I used sunflower oil,.
- Prepare of Dried parsley to garnish. (Optional).
Instructions to make Easy, Low Fat Cottage Pie:
- Preheat the oven to 180 (fan). In a medium saucepan over a medium heat add Frylight to cover the base of the pan. Once warm add the chopped onions and cook whilst stirring occasionally for around 4-5 minutes until they soften and begin to turn translucent..
- Add in the beef mince and break up into small pieces in the saucepan and mix together with the onions. Season with salt and pepper. Add a couple more sprays of Frylight if it's needed so the meat doesn't dry out or stick to the pan. Once the meat is browned add the dry herbs and garlic and combine..
- Boil 100ml of water and set aside. Add in the chopped tomato to the saucepan. Cook for another minute whilst stirring occasionally. Add the beef gravy granules and Worcester sauce then the boiled water, stir everything together. Leave to simmer over a medium to low heat until the sauce reduces by half and thickens..
- Turn off the hob and set the meat mixture aside. Take the ready made mash, (you can of course make your own, but this is for convenience in this instance and it's available to buy in the fresh section of most supermarkets). Microwave the mash for two minutes to soften. Add the butter to the mash plus a little salt and pepper to season and give a mix so it's a nice soft, smooth consistency..
- Spoon the meat mixture into a perspex/oven proof dish, and even out flat with the back of a spoon. Next add the fluffy mash on top, and using a fork neatly take it right up to the sides so it completely covers the meat layer and there's no gaps, this is to prevent leaks. Sprinkle over the grated cheese neatly, right up to the edges..
- Bake the cottage pie on a middle shelf until warmed through for around 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Note: If you want, for the final 5 mins of cooking you can grill it to get the cheese even more golden..
- Remove from the oven and garnish with a little dried parsley. This is lovely served on its own or with some vegetables on the side. Enjoy! :).
If you find this Easy, Low Fat Cottage Pie recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.