Recipe of Speedy OKONOMIYAKI (Japanese Pizza / Japanese Savory Pancake)【Recipe Video】
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect OKONOMIYAKI (Japanese Pizza / Japanese Savory Pancake)【Recipe Video】 recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to OKONOMIYAKI (Japanese Pizza / Japanese Savory Pancake)【Recipe Video】 recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
We all understand that, in order to really be healthy, nutritious and balanced meal plans are important as are good amounts of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle demands. When our work day is finished, most people do not wish to go to the gym. A delicious, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You will be delighted to discover that becoming healthy doesn’t have to be hard. With practice you can get all of the nutrients and the physical exercise that you need. Here are some of the best ways to be healthy.
Be wise when you do your food shopping. Making good decisions when obtaining groceries means that you’ll be able to eat nutritious meals without a lot of effort. Think about it: you aren’t going to want to deal with a hectic store or a long drive through line at the end of the day. You want to go to your apartment and make a little something from your kitchen. Make sure that what you have at home is nutritious. This way, even when you choose that you want something greasy or not super nutritous, you will still be choosing items that are healthier for you than you would probably choose while running into a store or fast food restaurant.
There are a whole lot of things that work toward your getting healthy. An overpriced gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. Little things, when done each day, can do a lot to help you get healthy and lose pounds. Being intelligent when you choose your food and routines is where it begins. A good amount of physical activity each day is also critical. Don’t overlook that health isn’t only about how much you weigh. It’s about making your body as strong as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to okonomiyaki (japanese pizza / japanese savory pancake)【recipe video】 recipe. To cook okonomiyaki (japanese pizza / japanese savory pancake)【recipe video】 you only need 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make OKONOMIYAKI (Japanese Pizza / Japanese Savory Pancake)【Recipe Video】:
- Get of thin sliced pork belly.
- You need of cabbage, about 1/2 heads.
- You need of scallion.
- You need of red pickled ginger.
- Get of perilla leaf.
- Take of eggs.
- Provide of oil for frying.
- Get of Okonomi-yaki batter.
- Take of boiled water.
- Get of Japanese soup stock (dashi), granule type.
- You need of (7 oz, 1.6 cups) cake flour.
- Take of baking powder.
- Take of dried bonito powder (optional).
- Get of Japanese yam.
- Get of Topping (adjust to suit your taste).
- Take of okonomiyaki sauce (savory pancake sauce, It's kind of similar to barbecue sauce.).
- Use of mayonnaise.
- You need of dried green nori flakes.
- Use of dried bonito flakes.
- Provide of 1cup=235cc(USA).
Steps to make OKONOMIYAKI (Japanese Pizza / Japanese Savory Pancake)【Recipe Video】:
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://youtu.be/u59j7GmSckc.
- 【For Okonomiyaki batter】Put 200 ml (6.8 fl oz) boiled water in a bowl and add Japanese soup stock, stir well. Put the bowl in water to cool down; set aside. Mix roughly cake flour, baking powder, and dried bonito powder; set aside..
- Grate Japanese yam into a large bowl. Pour the prepared stock in it while stirring. Sift dry ingredients over it..
- Mix well until smooth. Let it sit in a fridge for 3 hours or more to bring out the ''umami''(savory taste) of the flour..
- 【Prepare other ingredients. 】Chop cabbage into about 1 cm (0.4'') square. Chop the core of cabbage into fine pieces. Cut stalks scallion into small pieces. (You should wipe off moisture after you wash vegetables, before cutting them.).
- Cut leaves perilla leaf into small pieces. Chop red pickled ginger into fine pieces..
- 【Cook it with a frying pan.】Put one serving of the batter and vegetables in a bowl (1/4 each). Add an egg and mix roughly..
- Heat a frypan on medium-low heat and add a splash of oil for frying. Pour the okonomiyaki mixture into the pan. Use a spatula to form it into a round pancake about 2cm (0.8'') thick..
- Cook it for 3 mins on medium heat. Gently lay about 1/4 of the pork belly slices on top of the pancake. When golden brown on the bottom, flip it and cook the other side..
- Cook it on medium heat for 4-5 mins until golden too or pork belly gets crispy. Please don't push down on the okonomiyaki in the pan to get a fluffy pancake. Flip it again, warm it on low heat and then turn off the heat..
- 【Toppings】Apply okonomiyaki sauce with a spoon or brush, add mayonnaise in zigzagging lines, and sprinkle dried green nori flakes and dried bonito flakes. Please try freshly cooked OKONOMIYAKI!.
- Notes: If the time has passed after putting cabbage into the batter, the water in the cabbage will come out and the batter will become watery. If the batter becomes watery, the cooked okonomiyaki won't get fluffy, so when cooking, it's better to mix the batter and vegetables just before cooking..
If you find this OKONOMIYAKI (Japanese Pizza / Japanese Savory Pancake)【Recipe Video】 recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.