Recipe of Speedy Refried Beans Vegetarian and Vegan
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Refried Beans Vegetarian and Vegan recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Refried Beans Vegetarian and Vegan recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are many health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. Most people typically think that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by making several simple changes.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. It also has vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. Even though you may already consume a lot of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to refried beans vegetarian and vegan recipe. To make refried beans vegetarian and vegan you need 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Refried Beans Vegetarian and Vegan:
- Take 1 lb of dried pinto beans.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, whole but peel this one.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, whole don't peel these.
- Use of Salt.
- Prepare of Another small onion, peel and rough chop this one.
- You need 2 of more cloves garlic if small use 3, peel & coarsely chop these.
- Get of Good tasting vegetable oil that you like.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Provide of Water.
Steps to make Refried Beans Vegetarian and Vegan:
- Soak beans in water to cover overnight. Drain and rinse well. Using fresh water and large pot, cover beans by at least 4 inches of water, bring to boil, add a Tb salt, 1 small onion (peeled but not cut), and 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled. Lower heat, cover, and cook beans until soft, about 90 mins – 2 hours. Drain beans and discard onion and garlic. Do not omit this step. You must remove it all..
- In bowl of lg food processor, add 1/2 of the beans, 2/3 cup water, second onion, & garlic cloves, 2 tsps salt & little pepper. Process to a thinnish pasty mixture. (Next batch will be thicker mixture). Put 1st batch in lg bowl, set aside..
- Second batch will be beans & water only. Put the rest of beans in processor, add 1/4 cup water and process until very thick mixture where you have a choice here to leave it a bit chunky to get a bite or add more water and process until smooth. 2 batches will have 2 different consistencies. Mix both together..
- Heat 2 Tbsps oil in very large skillet. Add beans, stir and cook beans about 15 mins, keep stirring, adding more water if needed to get correct consistency. Taste and adjust salt..
- Serve with anything you like. Tomatoes, diced onions, lettuce, cheddar, sour cream, salsa, chopped chives, olives, jalapenos, candied jalapenos, my new fave, etc..
If you find this Refried Beans Vegetarian and Vegan recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.