Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Pork belly tacos recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Pork belly tacos recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pork belly tacos recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding On The Best Foods Can Help You Stay Fit And Healthy.
When it comes to the foods that you eat, you will see that your overall health can be effected either positively or negatively. Its also wise to comprehend that there are foods that you’ll need to avoid at all costs and that would be the majority of food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. The foods that you receive from these fast food places are usually foods that are extremely unhealthy, loaded with fat and generally have little to no nutrition. You will be happy to know that we are going to tell you a few of the foods that you ought to be eating every day.
Your overall health can be greatly improved upon by simply eating a lot of berries. The very first thing you will find out about berries is just about any variety of berry has a lot of vitamin C. Additionally, you will find that berries have antioxidants which is not merely beneficial to your circulatory system but in addition for your basic health as well. Most individuals already know that cells begin to break down over time and the addition of antioxidants in your diet will help keep your cells far healthier for longer periods of time.
If you determine that your overall health is important to you, you need to take these recommendations to heart. The pre packaged processed foods that you can get in any store is additionally not good for you and instead you should be cooking fresh nutritious foods.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pork belly tacos recipe. You can cook pork belly tacos using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Pork belly tacos:
- Prepare 4 lb of pork belly.
- Use of Olive oil.
- Use of Dry rub with low sugar.
- Use of Corn tortillas.
- You need of Flour tortillas.
- Get of Additional topping options.
- Take of Shredded cabbage for crunch.
- You need of Fresh salsa.
- Use of Mexican cojita cheese crumbles.
- Provide of Diced onions.
- Use of Cilantro.
- You need of Limes.
- Prepare of Tomatoes.
Instructions to make Pork belly tacos:
- Remove pork belly from packaging and rinse with cold tap water. Pat dry and set on a cookie sheet..
- Slice top side of skin into 1.5 to 2 in squares just deep enough to get to the fat layer..
- Rub entire belly with olive oil..
- Cover entire belly with dry rub. (use a low sugar rub to avoid burning) I prefer a mixture of blacking seasoning and light dashes of Slap Yo Mamas..
- Cook @325 for 3.5 hours. Then last 20 minutes broil on low to get a crispy layer..
- Bake for 3.5 hours on a stainless steel rack inset in a cookie sheet. This ensures the belly is above the drippings and helps get the entire surface roasted evenly. The pork belly is done after the entire belly is a consistent color and will be soft if you probe it with a wooden skewer or fork. The meat should tear from the edge fairly easy. Last 20- 30minutes turn on your broiler on low to turn on the top side heating element. This will crispy the top even more but becareful not to let it burn..
- The risk of over cooking is lower since it is a high fat content cut..
- Once the belly is pulled from oven slice 1 inch slices the length of the belly if you are going to serve immediately or let cool on rack on counter and put away in fridge without slicing. Either way you choose the next step is the same. Once sliced in strips cut slices into chunks..
- Get a pan hot med to high heat preferably a cast iron pan and put chunks in. As the cold fat starts to soften break up with the spoon into shreds as big as you would like. If serving straight out the oven break up the chunks into shreds. You are going to quickly sear the shreds as crispy as you would prefer..
- Once meat is to your liking remove meat to serving dish. Fry your corn tortillas in the same pan the belly was cooked in for extra flavor. You can use a hot skillet to heat corn or flour tortillas..
Fill each tortilla with a slice or two of pork belly and top with pickled slaw. Chef, culinary instructor, cooking show host and James Beard Award-winning cookbook author Joanne Weir has a new collection of recipes out, Kitchen Gypsy, and you're going to want it. Castacán is the Yucatecan version of crispy pork belly. These tacos, based on the ones I had at Wayan'e, a Mérida institution, are crisped up on a griddle, then topped with shredded cheese. Remove the pork belly from the marinade and place on the grill.
If you find this Pork belly tacos recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.