Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Hot Cross Buns recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hot Cross Buns recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. In all likelihood, most people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, though, merely making some minor changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
These types of changes are possible with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. It might be that you already believe that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time.
As you can see, it’s easy to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to hot cross buns recipe. To cook hot cross buns you only need 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Hot Cross Buns:
- Get 12 cups of plain flour.
- Provide 3 teaspoon of mixed spice.
- Prepare 500 g of butter/margarine.
- You need 1 of and half cup of caster sugar.
- Get 3 sachets of yeast mixed with 450 ml of water.
- Get 3 of eggs.
- Provide 300 ml of milk.
- Use 3 cups of raisins.
- Prepare of For cross topping.
- You need 6 tablespoon of plain flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of water.
Steps to make Hot Cross Buns:
- Work flour, sugar,mixed spice and butter with hands,make a well centre of the mixture,add yeast,milk and beaten eggs.
- If you don't have electric mixer then knead the mixture surface for about 5 minutes,put mixture in a bowl and cover with cling wrap then let it stand for an hour,during that time it should be double size.
- Knead raisins in to raised dough,separate the dough into balls if you don't have the cutter for buns and put them into a baking tray,leaving a bit of room between each.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Cover the tray with cling wrap for them to rise again just for 30 minutes or put them into proover if you have.
- Then bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove them and for the crossing mix flour together with water using a piping bag shape out crosses.
- For them to be more glossy mix the flour and water and use a spray then take the back to the oven and bake for further 5 minutes and enjoy.
If you find this Hot Cross Buns recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.