Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Authentic Gourmet Vegan Udon Noodles recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Authentic Gourmet Vegan Udon Noodles recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Authentic Gourmet Vegan Udon Noodles recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Choosing to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are numerous illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. Most people typically assume that healthy diets require much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by implementing some small changes.
These changes can be done with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. It also provides vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. While you may already eat a lot of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a superb option and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemical substances. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being picked at the right time.
As you can see, it’s not at all difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to authentic gourmet vegan udon noodles recipe. You can have authentic gourmet vegan udon noodles using 18 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Authentic Gourmet Vegan Udon Noodles:
- Take 5 of dried Shiitake mushrooms (dried weight 20-30g).
- Get 12 g of Kombu (dried kelp).
- You need 20 g of dried soybeans.
- Take 2 g of Kanpyo (Dried Gourd Strips).
- You need of Udon noodles for two people.
- Use of Condiments of your choice, such as chopped scallions, grated ginger, grated daikon and nori.
- Get of SEASONING "A" for the Shiitake.
- Use 30 ml of Mirin.
- Get 30 ml of soy sauce.
- Provide 1 tsp of grain vinegar (such as Japanese Rice Vinegar).
- Use of SEASONING "B" for the KAESHI or seasoning for the Udon Dashi broth).
- Prepare of ◎ 40ml Soy sauce.
- Provide of ◎ 15g brown sugar.
- Prepare of ◎ 15ml Mirin.
- Provide of SEASONING "C" for the leftover Konbu, Soybean, Konpyo & Shiitake Stems.
- Take of ○ 50ml water.
- Provide of ○ 1 Tbsp soy sauce.
- Take of ○ 2 tsp Mirin.
Steps to make Authentic Gourmet Vegan Udon Noodles:
- Soak the Kombu in water for 30 minutes and then cut finely. Kombu Dashi will further deepen from the cut surfaces..
- Heat the frying pan, and roast the dried soybeans over low heat until golden brown. The sound will change from a dry metallic sound to a kind of muffled sound. When the sound changes back to the original dry metallic sound, they are done..
- Soak the Kombu and roasted soybeans in water overnight. Rinse the dried Shiitake and place it in water in a separate bowl and soak overnight in the fridge..
- Use the water to rehydrate the Kombu-soybean and Shiitake which creates dashi. Use 350ml of the Kombu-soybean dashi and add 300ml of the Shiitake Dashi. You will need a total of 650ml of the two dashi so adjust liquid levels as needed..
- Add the Kanpyo to (4.), and heat with Shiitake, Kombu, and soybeans, and bring to a boil. Boil on high heat for two minutes and remove the scum..
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 30 minutes. While cooling, the Dashi will further emerge..
- Strain the Dashi from (6.). You will need a total of 440ml. Add more water if less than 440ml (The Dashi leftover soybeans, kanpyo & konbu make a delicious side dish, so after straining, set the leftovers aside to use latter)..
- Remove the Shiitake stems (you will use them later) and slice the Shiitake caps into 5mm strips..
- Place 300ml of the 420ml Dashi from (7.) into a pot and add the Shiitake caps, with Seasonings "A" (Mirin, soy sauce, and vinegar). Boil for a short while and remove the scum..
- Simmer on low heat for another ten minutes to reduce to about 180ml, then remove and allow to cool. After ten minutes, take out the boiled Shiitake only. You will use the remaining 180ml of this Dashi later in Step 12..
- Place the Seasonings "B" in a separate pot. Because the amounts are small, make the Kaeshi by tilting the pan over low heat and mixing well with chopsticks until the sugar melts..
- Add 180ml of the leftover Dashi from which you removed the simmered Shiitake in (10.), and 140ml of the remaining dashi from (7.) and the Kaeshi Seasoning from (11.)..
- Chill the soup from (12.). You should have approximately 350ml of Udon soup. As it cools, the taste will mellow, and over time the Umami taste will become deeper..
- Cut off only the hard part of the Shiitake stems and cut into small pieces to make them easier to eat. Along with the leftover soybean, konbu, and kanpyo mix Seasonings "C" and simmer until only a little Dashi remains..
- Boil the Udon noodles and eat with the Udon Dashi from (13.). The Udon Dashi can be served chilled, room temperature of hot depending on the season and your preference. Enjoy the boiled Shiitake, the boiled items from (14.), and condiments of your choice such as chopped green scallions, grated ginger, grated Daikon, and Nori..
- Traditionally, the boiled Udon Noodles and Udon Dashi are served separately. The Udon Noodles are dipped into the Dashi and eaten slurped down. Condiments are usually added to the Dashi in small quantities. Japanese like to add just enough condiments for one mouthful to enjoy various taste combinations for the Udon meal. Of course, you are also welcome to add the Shiitake and/or the Leftover Dashi Ingredients to the Udon Dashi or eaten separately as a side dish..
If you find this Authentic Gourmet Vegan Udon Noodles recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.