Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Hot Cross Buns recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Hot Cross Buns recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hot Cross Buns recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Opting to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Although we’re always being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. In all probability, a lot of people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, however, merely making a couple of modest changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you go to the grocery because it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it has. One wholesome alternative that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. By putting in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Obviously, it’s not at all difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to hot cross buns recipe. You can have hot cross buns using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Hot Cross Buns:
- Prepare of Dough:.
- Prepare of strong flour/white bread flour.
- Use of plain flour/all-purpose flour.
- Provide of mixed spice.
- Use of lukewarm milk.
- Use of lukewarm water.
- Prepare of active dry yeast.
- Take of salt.
- You need of sugar (3 heaping Tbsp).
- Use of egg, beaten.
- Provide of unsalted butter (3 1/2 Tbsp).
- Provide of dried mixed fruit or raisins (a small bowlful).
- Take of Crosses on top:.
- Use of some plain flour.
- Take of water.
- Provide of Glaze:.
- Get of marmalade or apricot jam.
- Take of water.
Steps to make Hot Cross Buns:
- Mix all the dough ingredients in a large bowl until it forms a ball of dough you can knead. Remove to a board sprinkled with flour and knead for about 10 minutes until the dough is smooth, soft and elastic..
- Form the dough into a ball and put back into the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rise until about doubled in size (usually 1 hour but if it's chilly it could take 2 hours)..
- Once the dough is about double in size, bring it back to the floured board and knead it briefly to push out the air. Divide it into 8 equal pieces..
- With each piece of dough, form round buns. Place the 8 buns on a floured or lined baking tray (leave a little space in between) and cover lightly with a tea towel. Let rise for about another 30 minutes..
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200°C (400°F)..
- To make the crosses, mix together a small amount of flour with a little water until it forms a thick paste. Use the paste to make crosses across the top of each bun..
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the hot cross buns are golden. While the buns are baking, mix together the marmalade/apricot jam and water, then brush it over the buns when they come out of the oven (still hot!)..
- Let the hot cross buns cool on a wire rack, and enjoy for Easter!.
If you find this Hot Cross Buns recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.