Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Portuguese Baked Eggs recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Portuguese Baked Eggs recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Portuguese Baked Eggs recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
We all know that, in order to really be healthful, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. The sad thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. Working out at the gym isn’t something people decide to do when they get off from work. A juicy, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You will be pleased to discover that getting healthy doesn’t have to be hard. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required foods and activites. Here are some of the best techniques to be healthy and balanced.
When you go to the grocery store, be smart about it. If you make smart decisions when you are buying your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. Think for a second: you don’t want to go to a busy grocery store or sit in a lengthy line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You want to get home quickly and eat something great. Make sure that what you have on hand is nutritious. This way—even if you decide on something a little greasy or not as good for you as it could be, you’re still choosing foods that are better for you than you would get at the local diner or fast food drive through window.
There are all sorts of activities that you can do to get healthy. Intensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the solution. You can do tiny things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being intelligent about the decisions you make each day is a start. A proper amount of physical activity each day is also important. Don’t ignore that health isn’t only about simply how much you weigh. You really want your body to be strong too.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to portuguese baked eggs recipe. You can have portuguese baked eggs using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Portuguese Baked Eggs:
- Use 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Get 1 of green bell pepper, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced.
- Provide 1 of red bell pepper, thinly sliced.
- Get 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 4 of cloves of garlic, minced.
- Provide 3 medium of tomatoes, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of handful leaves of spinach, chopped.
- You need 2 of or 3 jalapeños, each de-seeded and sliced into two halves.
- Use 6 of eggs.
- Provide 1 tsp of paprika.
- Get 1 pinch of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 pinch of oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ricotta.
- Use 1 of grated parmesan cheese.
- Use 1 dash of of pepper.
- You need 1 of salt to taste.
Steps to make Portuguese Baked Eggs:
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the sliced bell peppers and onions to it. Sauté till they turn golden brown..
- Next add tomatoes, garlic, spinach and jalapeños to the pan and sauté till all the vegetables have reduced. (I was running short on jalapeños so I just used chilli instead).
- After the vegetables have reduced, add basil, oregano and paprika to them. You may season the vegetables with pepper too. Add salt to taste..
- Separate the jalapeños from the vegetable-mix..
- I used a pie plate here but a skillet works too. Spray Pam over the pie plate/skillet..
- Transfer the vegetable-mix to the plate and form 6 tiny wells with the help of a scoop or a spoon. In each well add a dollop of ricotta and an egg..
- Decorate as you would like to. I placed a few slices of tomato..
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over each egg-well and cover the entire plate with a generous layer of grated Parmesan..
- Bake for 20-22 minutes for a little runny yolks and about 40 minutes for well-done eggs and a golden-crisp layer of Parmesan cheese, just the way I like it! Serve hot with some bread, toasted or not as you would like..
If you find this Portuguese Baked Eggs recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.