Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Roast Pork Belly with Special gravy recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Roast Pork Belly with Special gravy recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Try Using Food to Improve Your Mood.
Many of us think that comfort foods are not good for us and that we ought to avoid them. At times, if the comfort food is a high sugar food or another junk food, this is very true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be altogether nourishing and it’s good for you to eat them. There are some foods that basically can raise your moods when you consume them. When you feel a little down and need an emotional boost, try some of these.
Put together some trail mix of nuts or seeds. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and so on are all terrific for helping to raise your mood. This is because these foods are rich in magnesium, which helps to increase serotonin production. Serotonin is a feel-good chemical that dictates to the brain how to feel at any given time. The more serotonin you have, the better you are going to feel. Not just that, nuts, particularly, are a fantastic protein source.
So you see, you don’t need to stuff your face with junk food when you wish to feel better! Try a few of these tips instead.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to roast pork belly with special gravy recipe. You can have roast pork belly with special gravy using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Roast Pork Belly with Special gravy:
- You need 1 of Kilo Pork belly.
- Get 6 Stalks of Celery (Chopped).
- Provide 4 of Large Carrots (Large Cube).
- Prepare 2 of Large Onions (Chopped).
- You need 6 of Star Anise.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of Garlic (Minced).
- Take 5 of Bayleaf.
- Take of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Take of Cloves.
- Get 1 Liter of Chicken Stock.
Steps to make Roast Pork Belly with Special gravy:
- Chop the Carrots, Celery, Onion, and Garlic. Put it in a Roasting tray and set aside..
- Roll the Pork Belly and tie using a Cooking twine. Once tied, inject the cloves around the pork. Season with salt and pepper. Place the Pork Belly in the Roasting tray..
- Add Chicken Stock until it covers half of the Rolled Pork Belly. Throw in the Star Anise and Bayleaf. Cover the tray with Aluminum Foil..
- Put into the oven for about 40 mins at 350 F..
- After 40 mins take out the Pork Belly from the oven and drain all the liquid. Once drained, put it back in the oven for another 10 mins at 400 F or until the outer layer of the pork becomes brown and slightly crispy..
- Cut out the cooking twine and remove the cloves. Rest for a while before cutting..
- For the Gravy throw in the carrots, celery, onion in a blender and add chicken stock. Blitz until smooth. (You may add soysauce or worcestershire sauce preferably on your taste).
- Cut into thin slices and serve with the gravy..
You can request your butcher to remove the ribs from the pork belly, or you can also do. Both oven and air fryer work in making roasted pork belly. I don't like dealing with an oil-splattered oven so I am definitely gravitating towards the air fryer. There is nothing as fine as slow roast pork belly with a crispy crackling served with a simple roasting pan gravy! The secret to a perfect roasting pan gravy is patience, nothing more nothing less!
If you find this Roast Pork Belly with Special gravy recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.