Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Sourdough Bread recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Sourdough Bread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sourdough Bread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. There are a number of diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a more healthy way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. People typically think that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery since you probably purchase many items out of habit. For example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it has. Eating a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it’s easy to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sourdough bread recipe. To cook sourdough bread you need 6 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sourdough Bread:
- You need 375 g of bread flour.
- Take 125 g of whole wheat flour.
- Use 400 g of g water.
- Provide 100 g of starter.
- Use 10 g of salt.
- Prepare of vegetable oil.
Steps to make Sourdough Bread:
- To check if starter is ready to be used, add a small piece of starter to a bowl of water. If it floats, the starter is active. This test is not always accurate..
- Mix flours together with 375 ml of water, let rest 30 minutes – 2 hours for autolyse..
- Add starter to dough and pinch into dough with hands..
- Add 10g of salt and the remaining 25 ml of water, the dough should be a little easier to mix and very watery..
- With force, slap dough onto un-floured surface and fold together 5 minutes until some strength develops and the dough can hold its form..
- Lightly oil bowl or proofing box and add dough..
- Proof dough in proofing oven set to 85 F or at room temperature..
- With oiled hands, pick up dough at middle and fold onto itself, then rotate dough 90 degrees and fold again. Repeat every 30 minutes for 3-4 hours, total of 6-8 times..
- Prepare a generously floured towel placed in shaping basket or bowl to hold the dough overnight..
- Place dough on an un-floured surface and carefully form dough into a round shape. Lightly flour and let relax 10 minutes covered with a towel..
- Rollover onto floured surface with un-floured bottom facing up, pull sides out and fold together like an envelope..
- Stitch bottom together to hold and let rest seam-side down on counter to seal. Move into basket, seam-side up, and cover with flour, refrigerate overnight covered in towel..
- Flour parchment paper, preheat dutch oven on middle rack of oven set to 500F..
- Gently roll out dough onto parchment paper and score top of dough ball with a razor blade..
- Transfer dough with parchment paper into hot Dutch oven. Bake for 15 minutes with the lid on and 30 minutes off, cook times vary..
- Knock bottom of bread to hear hollow sound if bread is fully cooked..
If you find this Sourdough Bread recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.