Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Red Lentil Soup with Walla Walla Marmalade recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Red Lentil Soup with Walla Walla Marmalade recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Choosing to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are suffering from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. While we’re incessantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most likely, a lot of people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, however, to make a few small changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
In order to see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically change your eating habits. Even more important than completely changing your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. Sooner or later, you will find that you actually prefer to consume healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. Like many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to return to your old diet.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to red lentil soup with walla walla marmalade recipe. You can cook red lentil soup with walla walla marmalade using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Red Lentil Soup with Walla Walla Marmalade:
- Provide 1 cup of red lentils.
- Prepare 6 cup of chicken stock or vegetable stock.
- You need 1/2 cup of carrots, finely diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of celery, finely diced.
- Get 1 clove of garlic cloves, finely diced.
- You need 1 each of bay leaf.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- Get 8 cup of onion, walla walla or other sweet, chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of granulated sugar.
- Use 2 tsp of thyme, chopped.
- Use 1 tbsp of sherry vinegar.
- Use 3/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Use 1 of salt.
Instructions to make Red Lentil Soup with Walla Walla Marmalade:
- Combine the lentils and stock; and bring to a boil. Cook for a dew minutes at a gentle boil and remove and foam that comes to the surface..
- Add the carrots, celery, garlic, and bay leaf. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until very soft, 30-35 minutes..
- Remove from heat and discarded bay leaf..
- Puree the soup; if the soup is too thick, thin with additional stock. Season with salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper..
- While the lentils are cooking, make the marmalade. Melt the butter and add the onions, sugar, and thyme. Cook, stirring often, until very soft and caramelized, 25-35 minutes..
- Stir in the vinegar and correct seasonings with additional salt and remaining pepper..
- Top each serving with warm onion marmalade..
If you find this Red Lentil Soup with Walla Walla Marmalade recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.