Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Red Lentils and squash soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Red Lentils and squash soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Vitality Goodies.
Enjoying healthy foods makes all the difference in the way you feel. Whenever we eat more healthy meals and less of the detrimental ones we usually feel much better. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a slice of pizza. Selecting healthier food choices can be challenging when it’s snack time. You can spend several hours at the supermarket searching for the right snack foods to make you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting treat.
Just about the most popular treats is low fat yogurt. The fact is, many people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we really do not recommend. Low fat yogurt would make a fantastic snack, nevertheless. It is a protein-rich supply of nutritious minerals and vitamins. Easily digestible, yogurt can also help your gastrointestinal system work correctly depending upon the culture used to make it. Yogurt mixes beautifully with nuts as well as seeds. This reduces your sugar absorption without reducing the taste of your snack.
You don’t have to look far to find a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to red lentils and squash soup recipe. You can have red lentils and squash soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Red Lentils and squash soup:
- Get 3 cups of cubed butternut sqaush.
- You need 4 of parsnips cubed.
- Take 1 of large onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 of carrot chopped.
- Provide 4 cups of chicken stock low sodium.
- Provide 2 cups of red lentils.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- Get 1 tbsp. of cumin ( optional).
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
Instructions to make Red Lentils and squash soup:
- Saute onion in olive oil til soft. Add sqaush, parsnips, and carrot. Continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and simmer for 30 minutes..
- Add red lentils and cumin. Simmer til lentils begin to break apart. About 20 minutes. May need to add water if too thick up to 2 cups..
- In small batches blend until smooth in blender ( or use stick blender ). Add salt and pepper as desired and reheat to serve..
- Thick and creamy..
If you find this Red Lentils and squash soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.