Recipe of Favorite Mexican Cornbread
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Mexican Cornbread recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Mexican Cornbread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mexican Cornbread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are many illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. People typically assume that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make some minor changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
These types of changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It can also be good for your skin because it is a great source of vitamin E. If you presently eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mexican cornbread recipe. To cook mexican cornbread you need 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Mexican Cornbread:
- Use 2 of eggs.
- Take 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded.
- You need 8 oz of cream corn.
- Take 2 of jalapeños, minced.
- Use 1 cup of corn meal, unleavened.
- Take 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Take 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Get 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Get of corn meal.
- Get of vegetable oil.
Instructions to make Mexican Cornbread:
- Place your cast iron skillet in your oven and pre-heat both to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Whisk in the buttermilk. Then slowly stream in the vegetable oil while whisking constantly..
- Stir in the cheddar, corn and jalapeños and mix thoroughly..
- In a large bowl, whisk together the corn meal, flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and salt. Then pause right here if the oven isn't finished pre-heating..
- When your oven has finished pre-heating, its time to finish up. Pour the liquid mix into the dry mix and whisk together thoroughly. This is a thin batter so expect it to be runny, but if its too thin sprinkle in a bit more corn meal. I usually add maybe an extra tablespoon or two, depending on how it looks..
- Now we want to work quickly so the cast iron doesn't cool down too much, so put on your oven mitt and grab your vegetable oil. Quickly remove skillet from the oven, pour in just a bit of vegetable oil and quickly swirl it around to coat the pan. Don't skip the sides when you're twisting and turning, but work quickly so it stays really hot. As soon as its coated, pour in the batter. You want it to sizzle around the edges as it goes in so you get that great cornbread crust..
- Now back in the oven to bake for 30-35 minutes. When its done it should be golden brown on top and should bounce back firmly if you press down in the center. I turn mine out upside-down on a dinner plate and just serve it that way..
If you find this Mexican Cornbread recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.