Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's Garlic Chicken & Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Garlic Chicken & Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Will Save You Dollars.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the environment. That has totally changed now, since we all appear to have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. Unless everyone begins to start living more green we won’t be able to fix the problems of the environment. These kinds of adjustments need to start occurring, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The kitchen area is a good place to begin saving energy by going a lot more green.
While it may not taste as good, preparing food in the microwave as an alternative to in the oven will save you a packet of money. Possibly the realization that an oven uses 75% more energy will stimulate you to use the microwave more. Countertop appliances will boil water or even steam vegetables more quickly than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. You would be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned method, but you would be wrong. Mainly if you make sure the dishwasher is full prior to starting a cycle. Save even more money by air drying or cool drying your dishes rather than heat drying them.
The kitchen on its own provides you with many small ways by which energy and money can be saved. It is quite uncomplicated to live green, after all. Mostly, all it requires is a little bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's garlic chicken & potatoes recipe. You can have mike's garlic chicken & potatoes using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Mike's Garlic Chicken & Potatoes:
- Prepare of Chicken & Marinade.
- Provide 4 large of Chicken Thighs [de-thawed with skins & bones].
- You need 3 dash of Granulated Garlic Powder [with dried parsley].
- You need of Garlic Olive Oil.
- Get 3 dash of Coarse Sea Salt.
- Prepare 3 dash of White Pepper.
- You need 1 large of Ziplock Bag.
- Use of Seasoned Garlic Potatoes.
- Prepare 6 medium of Potatoes [washed – unpeeled – cut bite sized].
- Take 1 medium of White Onion [chopped bite sized].
- Get 1/2 tsp of Italian Seasoning.
- You need 3 clove of Fresh Garlic [fine minced] Or, 1 1/2 tbs Roasted Garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Sun Dried Tomatoes [softened – chopped – packed].
- Take of Garlic Olive Oil.
- Prepare 3 dash of Granulated Garlic Powder [with dried parsley].
- Use of Coarse Sea Salt.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of White Wine.
- Use of Kitchen Equipment.
- Provide 1 large of Cast Iron Skillet.
- Take of Tin Foil.
- Use 1 of Cutting Board.
- Use 1 large of Knife.
- Prepare 1 of Pair Tongs.
- You need 1 of Spatula.
Steps to make Mike's Garlic Chicken & Potatoes:
- Rinse dethawed chicken thighs and pat them dry with a clean paper towel. Place everything in the Chicken & Marinade section in a Ziplock bag. Add only enough Garlic Olive Oil to fully coat the chicken thighs. Massage chicken and seasonings well and refrigerate for an hour..
- Leave your spices and oil out. You'll be using them again..
- Place about a 1/4 cup garlic olive oil [or less] in your cast iron skillet and heat on high. Place chicken thighs in hot skillet and sear chicken on both sides for 3 minutes on each side. Lightly sprinkle chicken with Italian Seasoning while frying. You'll want browned and crisped chicken thighs tops. Be real careful not to burn your oil tho..
- Remove chicken thighs from skillet with tongs and set to the side on a raised rack sprayed with Pam. Do not discard olive oil and chicken fat in skillet. Unless, there's an over abundance it because of the excess chicken fat. If so, just pour out an adequate amount. You'll only want enough oil and fat to evenly coat your spuds. Use as little oil as you possibly have to. ;0).
- Chop all vegetables bite sized and add everything in the Seasoned Potatoes section to the cast iron skillet. If soaking spuds and onions prior to baking to keep them from browning, [as pictured] drain them and pat them completely dry. You'll want for all your oil and seasonings to stick well to them. Mix vegetables, wine, seasonings, fats and oils together well. Seal skillet well with tinfoil..
- Place chicken thighs and potatoes in oven. Bake in a 350° oven for 45 minutes. At 45 minutes, carefully stir potatoes with spatula, check for doneness and bake spuds for 15 more minutes uncovered. Or, until done. Also, taste test your potatoes and decide if you'd like more sea salt added. I'll usually add more. Pierce your thickest piece of chicken with a knife. If the fluids run completely clear, they're baked. Pull chicken from oven and set to the side..
- Serve immediately with a crispy side salad. Enjoy!.
If you find this Mike's Garlic Chicken & Potatoes recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.