Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best One Skillet Roast Chicken and Pier Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to One Skillet Roast Chicken and Pier Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
We all realize that, in order to really be healthy, nutritious and balanced meal plans are important as are good amounts of exercise. The worst part is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. Going to the gym isn’t something people want to do when they get off from work. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy choices doesn’t have to be a chore. With practice you can get all of the nutritional requirements and the exercise that you need. Here are some ideas to be as healthy as possible.
Climb stairs. Rather than using an elevator, walk up the stairs to the floor you live or work on. This isn’t as simple to do if you work on a very high floor but if you work on a lower floor, making use of the stairs is a superb way to get some extra exercise. Even if your office or home is on one of the highest floors, you can decide to get off of the elevator early and take the stairs the rest of the way. So many people choose the elevator over clambering even a single flight of stairs. Even just a sole flight of stairs, when walked up or down a few times a day–can be a great boost to your system.
There are lots of things you can go after to become healthy. Extensive gym visits and directly defined diets are not always the answer. It is the little things you choose each day that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Being smart when you choose your food and actions is where it begins. Getting as much exercise as you possibly can is another factor. Don’t forget that health isn’t only about just how much you weigh. It is more about making your body as strong as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to one skillet roast chicken and pier potatoes recipe. You can have one skillet roast chicken and pier potatoes using 13 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook One Skillet Roast Chicken and Pier Potatoes:
- Provide of potatoes.
- Provide 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Provide 1 1/2 tsp of salt, or less depending on your salt preference.
- Take 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Use 2 lb of potatoes, peeled if you desire.
- Provide of chicken.
- Get 1 of each 4-5 pound whole chicken.
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice or vinegar.
- Take 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Use 1 1/2 tsp of paprika (smoked if you have it).
- Use 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Provide 1 tsp of salt.
Instructions to make One Skillet Roast Chicken and Pier Potatoes:
- Put oven rack in lower middle slot. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel potatoes if desired, slice into 1 inch thick slices.
- Mix potato marinade (first 3 ingredients).
- Toss potatoes in marinade.
- Heat oven proof skillet on medium heat.
- Clean chicken, remove giblets (not used in this preparation) pat chicken dry.
- Mix all chicken rub ingredients (everything after the chicken in the list).
- Place potatoes in hot skillet largest side down do not turn (we are Browning one side only), pour all potato marinade into the skillet..
- Rub chicken rub all over chicken, under the skin if you can.
- Fold wing tips under.
- Either tie the drumsticks together, or as I did here cut a small slit in the skin of the side, and put the end of the drum stick in that hole to hold it.
- Once potatoes get a slight brown to them on one side only, turn off heat.
- Place chicken on top of potatoes, breast side up.
- Place skillet in oven, roast until breast reads 165°F. About 1 hour 10 minutes for 4 pound bird, about 1 hour 30 minutes for a 5 pound bird..
- Remove skillet from oven. Place chicken on a clean plate or cutting board. Tent with foil..
- Cover potatoes in skillet, return to oven. I usually turn my oven off at this point, there is enough heat in there..
- Wait 15-20 minutes to let the chicken rest..
- Carve chicken as desired..
- Remove skillet from oven. Uncover..
- Serve potatoes with the dark side (browned side) down. They should have a soft creamy top, with a crisp or slightly chewy bottom..
- NOTE – a 12 inch skillet is ideal for this, but the only one I had oven proof over 350°F was this 10 inch cast iron. I could only fit about 1 1/2 medium potatoes on it..
If you find this One Skillet Roast Chicken and Pier Potatoes recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.